Best Sunset Spots on Cape Cod
We always get asked where the best sunset spots on Cape Cod are, so we decided to put together a list of some of our favorites! If you're a sunset lover like us, you'll want to check out this list of some of the best spots. Did we miss any? Leave a comment below!
1. Rock Harbor (Orleans) - Rock Harbor is split into two parts. The western side is where boats and charters reside, with a line of pine trees sunk into the mud leading to the harbor. The western side also provides spectacular views of the sun setting into Cape Cod Bay.
Photo by @lisacc_photography
2. Chapin Beach (Dennis) - backed by low sand dunes, Chapin Beach feels like a private getaway, perfect for exploring tidal flats, swimming, and catching stunning sunsets over Cape Cod Bay.
Photo by @overcapecod
3. Old Silver Beach (North Falmouth) - one of Buzzards Bay's most popular beaches! With separate public and resident sides, either shoreline has the same spectacular views across the Bay to Marion, Mattapoisett, and West Island. If you're lucky, you can spot Cleveland Ledge Lighthouse on the horizon!
Photo by @capeology
4. First Encounter Beach (Eastham) - marking the location of the first encounter between Pilgrims and Native Americans, First Encounter is a quiet, family beach. Perfect for walking when the tide goes out and swimming when it is high tide. Don't miss a beautiful sunset to end the day!
Photo by @l_veronica_cc_photo
5. Race Point Beach (Provincetown) - relax on the sandy shores, spot seals sunbathing off the coast, and watch the sunset on the tip of Cape Cod!
Photo by @p.hocking
6. Skaket Beach (Orleans) - walk along tidal flats for miles at low tide, and sunbathe on the soft sand at high tide. One of our favorites to catch a picturesque sunset over Cape Cod Bay!
Photo by @colorsofthecape
7. Paine’s Creek (Brewster) - one of the best spots to watch the sunset year-round in Brewster. At low tide, the flats make for extraordinary sunset views with reflections in the tides form rippled, wavy patterns in the sand.
Photo by @bettywileyphoto
8. The Knob (Woods Hole) - where Quissett Harbor meets Buzzards Bay. With a short walk leading to the peninsula, The Knob offers one of the best sunset views of Buzzards Bay.
Photo by @nick_haveran
9. Gray’s Beach (Yarmouth) - walk along the boardwalk built above the marsh to catch a gorgeous sunset over Cape Cod Bay!
Photo by @geegoestothecape
10. Sandy Neck Beach (Barnstable) - drive your car onto the beach, or walk out to views stretching along 6 miles of coastline! High sand dunes and cool water temperatures make for a great beach day, or a beautiful spot to watch the sunset.
Photo by @ben.forrester