Holiday Bucket List on the Cape and Islands
We can't believe that the holiday season is already right around the corner! We decided to put together a bucket list of things to do on the Cape and Islands this holiday season. Let us know how many you check off the list!
- Lighting of the Lobster Pot Tree (Provincetown) - visit Lopes Square in Provincetown on November 27th at 5:30 PM for the lighting of the Lobster Pot Tree! This is a Provincetown tradition that officially rings in the holiday season. It was started in 2004 by artist Julian Popko, who wanted to design a holiday celebration that recognized the hard-working local lobstermen. The "tree" is made from real lobster traps and has become a beloved tradition!
Photo by @theamandabooth
- Falmouth Holidays by the Sea (Falmouth) - stop by from Friday, December 3rd through Sunday, December 5th to kickoff the holidays in Falmouth! The weekend begins with singing carols, greeting Santa as he arrives by boat in Falmouth Harbor, running the Jingle Jog 5K & Kids Elf Run, and joining in on the caroling at the lighting of the Village Green. Enjoy one of the biggest small-town Christmas parades in all of Southeast New England. While you're there, make sure you stop by The Gilded Oyster located at 155 Main Street to shop our Capeology jewelry line in person!
Photo by @michelleggage
- Gingerbread Lane and Artist Market at the Hyannis HyArts Artist Shanties (Hyannis) - stop by on Black Friday (Nov. 26th), Small Business Saturday (Nov. 27th), or on Saturday Dec. 4th and walk through the artist shanties decorated as gingerbread houses with candy decor. Located at the Harbor Overlook, the artist market offers free crafts, music, and fun for all ages!
Photo by @artsbarnstable
- Hyannis Village Holiday Stroll (Hyannis) - starting at 11 AM on December 4th on Hyannis Main Street. Stop by for Main Street Activities & The Spectacle of the Tree, followed by Santa arriving on Main Street at 12 PM. Enjoy all of this, while the Love Local Fest Holiday Edition is happening on the Hyannis Village Green and Gingerbread Lane Artist Shanties are going on! End the day at 4:30 PM with the Hyannis Boat Parade located at Bismore Park. Food and adult beverages are for sale at the Holiday Stroll. During the stroll, make sure you stop in at Cape Cod Jewelers located at 366 Main Street to shop our sterling silver Cape Cod jewelry line and our EXCLUSIVE 14K and 14K two-toned Cape Cod line only available at their store!
Photo by @capecodvillages
- Shop Local - don't forget to support your favorite local small businesses! Stay tuned for the 2021 Capeology Holiday Gift Guide launching on our website on November 18th. It will even include special discount codes for our followers! Want to receive a link to it once it's live? Subscribe to our mailing list here.
Photo by @capeology
- Nantucket Christmas Stroll (Nantucket) - the 47th Annual Christmas Stroll takes place Friday December 3rd through Sunday December 5th. The weekend embodies the magic of the Holiday Season while supporting local businesses. Upon arriving to the island, visit the Nantucket Chamber of Commerce for a copy of the 2021 Official Stroll Program! Also make sure to stop by Four Winds Gifts located at 8 Straight Wharf to shop our Nantucket earrings and bracelets in person!
Photo by @mollykatemccarthy
- Tree lighting at Cape Cod Winery (Falmouth) - kick off the holiday season with lots of cheer at the Annual Christmas Tree lighting! If you are over 21 years old, purchase your ticket to enjoy an evening sitting tableside with tabletop fire pits and deck area heaters. Wolf Pizza and live holiday music will be available, as well as, specialty wine drinks and a s'mores station! There will be two events: 11/27 and 12/11.
Photo by @capecodwinery
- Chatham's Christmas by the Sea Stroll Weekend (Chatham) - join the holiday celebration happening on December 10-12 with Chatham's Christmas by the Sea Stroll Weekend! The weekend starts on Friday at 5:45 PM with the Light Parade from Carmine's Pizza to Kate Gould Park, followed by the Annual Tree lighting with Santa at 6 PM! For the rest of the weekend shop local businesses for pop-up shops, sales, carolers, entertainment, and more!
Photo by @simplymekb
- Warm up with hot chocolate from Hot Chocolate Sparrow (Orleans) - started in 1989, Hot Chocolate Sparrow is the perfect cafe to visit to warm up with a homemade hot chocolate topped with whipped cream!
Photo by @hot.chocolate.sparrow
- Stock up on stock stuffers at Chatham Candy Manor, Ghelfi's Candies of Cape Cod, and Penney Patch Candies to name a few!
Photo by @onecrafdiygirl
- Eastham Holiday Festival (Eastham) - join the holiday celebrations on December 6th and visit with Santa at the Gift Barn at 10 AM! Stop by the Elks Lodge to enjoy pony rides, holiday craft projects, face painting, and more. Be sure to ride the trolley that runs between the two events and bring an unwrapped toy to support the Elks Lodge Toy Drive for Lower Cape kids!
Photo by @cahrissay
- Mashpee Christmas Parade (Mashpee) - mark your calendars on December 11th at 5:30 PM for Mashpee's Season of Illumination and 15th Annual Mashpee Chamber Christmas Parade. The Christmas themed parade is filled with floats, a marching band, and boats all decked out in lights. You don't want to miss out on a Mashpee Holiday Tradition!
Photo by @sienarestaurant
- Christmas in Edgartown (Martha's Vineyard) - save the date for the 40th annual Christmas in Edgartown, happening December 9-12! Stroll past Edgartown storefront windows for the 3rd Annual Window Decorating Contest, participate in the Teddies around Town Scavenger Hunt, take a tour of Edgartown on a horse drawn carriage ride, enjoy Murdick's hot chocolate during the lighting of the lighthouse, and the Christmas in Edgartown Holiday Parade! PS, make sure to stop by Katydid located at 38 Main Street to shop our MV jewelry collection in person.
Photo by @swkcam
- Christmas in Harwich (Harwich) - there's no place like Harwich for the Holidays! Visit Harwich on December 3-5 and start the weekend off Friday with the Harwich Port Stroll. The stroll includes the Doane Park tree lighting, caroling, Santa, window shopping, and is followed by the Trolley to Christmas Town for the rest of the weekend. Don't forget to do some window shopping at Buoys On Main, located at 546 Main Street to shop our Cape Cod, Seashell, and Mermaid jewelry in person!
Photo by @elizabethev