Heading to Hyannis soon? We've put together a list of some of our favorite things to do, places to visit, and where to eat! Are we missing any of your favorites? Comment below!
Things to do:
- JFK Hyannis Museum - take an inspiring journey through various periods of President Kennedy's life and learn about his deep connection to Cape Cod, a place where he enjoyed many summers. Step into the unforgettable days of the 1960s in Hyannis Port through an exhibit that features 80 plus photographs, text panels, and video and artifacts from the years Kennedy spent on Cape Cod.
Photo by @gweegin
- Little Miss Cupcape - don't miss out on one of Chef Taylor's sweets made using only the finest ingredients with real butter, cream, cocoa, sugar, and pure vanilla. All of her homemade cupcake confections and decadent delights are baked from scratch daily. Come in for homemade cupcakes, custom cakes, and even edible cookie dough. PS our favorite cupcake flavor is the Cape Coconut!
Photo by @livethatchboston
- Cape Cod Beer - Cape Cod's original craft beer! Stop by the taproom or beer garden 7 days a week for pints, tastings, or to try one of the 18 beers on tap! Year-round you can grab a bite to eat from JP's Twisted BBQ and during the summer, Seafood Sam's "Fish on the Fly" Food Truck.
Photo by @capecodbeer
- Cape Cod Melody Tent - for over 60 years, the Melody Tent has been presenting world-class entertainment in one of the only two continuously operated tent theaters in the US. They are both historic and nonprofit giving to cultural and educational art programs. Stop by to see entertainment from symphony, rock, and country music!
Photo by @mike_czyk
- Steve & Sue's Par-Tee Freeze & Adventure Falls Mini Golf - from stopping by for your favorite soft serve or frozen yogurt to a miniature golf game with friends and family, Par-Tee Freeze is the place to be for fun in the sun on Cape Cod!
Photo by @parteefreeze
- Hyannis Whale Watcher Cruises - operating since 1980, The Whale Watcher is designed specifically for whale watching in New England. The boat is 130 feet long by 28 feet wide and is powered by five water jets. There are three viewing levels, with two sun decks, and bench seating throughout. Come aboard to spot humpback, finback, and minke whales!
Photo by @saltyjonesphotography
- Cape Cod Jewelers - a 40-year family-owned and operated jewelry store located in the heart of beautiful downtown Hyannis. Their storefront has an extensive inventory of all types of jewelry featuring Cape Cod, Compass, Mermaid, Nautical and, of course, our Capeology Jewelry line! They are also the exclusive retailer of our 14k Cape Cod collection, as well as, our 14k two-toned Cape Cod necklaces and bracelets.
Photo by @capeology
- Pirate Adventures Hyannis - a wonderfully interactive adventure for children between the ages of 3-10 who are looking for a thrill-seeking, treasure-hunting voyage into Hyannis Harbor. Once aboard, every child will be transformed into an official member of the Sea Gypsy and be ready for a pirate adventure!
Photo by @ggtextiledesign
- TapTastings Craft Brew Excursions - try a unique craft beer or wine and cheese tour! You can customize your excursion by picking from multiple different breweries/taphouses, wineries, distilleries, and markets on the Cape to visit. Get picked up and dropped off door-to-door and enjoy the day tasting with your friends!
Photo by @taptastings
- Cape Cod Potato Chips - on July 4, 1980, two small business owners made their dream of making crunchy, unique quality potato chips a reality. Ever since 1985, they have opened a factory in Hyannis and have been offering loyal fans a chance to visit the place where it all began! Stop by for a tour to see how the legendary kettle chips are made.
Photo by @sarajablon
- Ten Pin Eatery - located in the Cape Cod Mall, Ten Pin Eatery is an upscale entertainment venue with 11 Bowling Lanes, a Game Room with over 50 games, Laser Tag, Virtual Reality, 3 Escape rooms, and a Golf Simulator. They also offer a 45 seat marble bar and a full-service restaurant!
Photo by @tenpineatery
- Barnstable Brewing - a family-owned business with the passion and skills to create beer that you will fall in love with! Stop by to try one of their 13 fresh, handcrafted beers.
Photo by @barnstable_brewing
- Kandy Korner - there is nothing like getting a freshly wrapped, warm, and chewy piece of salt-water taffy. It is homemade daily and cooked in small batches the old fashion way to ensure the best quality and flavor. Stop by for so much more than just candy and homemade ice cream!
Photo by @thekandycorner
- Katie's Homemade Ice Cream - located in the heart of Cape Cod, on busy Main Street Hyannis, Katie's serves homemade ice cream with innovative twists and classic flavors!
Photo by @jenniemes_eat
- Pain D'Avignon Restaurant Boulangerie - a warm European-style bakery featuring a range of breads, treats, and creative French bistro meals. Every day, flour, salt, and water are combined to bake fresh bread while the cafe offers European style breakfast and gourmet lunch all made in-house.
Photo by @paindavignoncafe
- Pizza Barbone - a wood-fired kitchen located on Main Street, Hyannis. Chef Jason creates Neapolitan pizza and artisanal dishes along with a curated selection of local and imported wine and beer.
Photo by @pizzabarbone
- Black Cat Tavern - a waterfront, harborside restaurant with a full bar, piano lounge, spacious patio, casual dining, and unbeatable ferry access. Stop by the Tavern for juicy burgers and native seafood, or the Harbor Shack to relax and watch the ferries go by.
Photo by @erin.eats.boston
- Añejo Mexican Bistro - enjoy a full Mexican style dinner menu with a glowing bar full of tequilas. Sit below the historic weeping Beechtree planted in 1776 by the outdoor bar or sit on Main Street, and enjoy dining while watching the crowds pass by!
Photo by @briansamuelsphotography
- Spoon and Seed - bringing farm to table and holistic cuisine to Cape Cod. Stop in for Mamma Maria's Care Package, which will give you meals on the go for up to 6 people. You can also purchase an anonymous care package for someone that would appreciate it.
Photo by @bong.appetit
- The Daily Paper - a chef-owned Cape Cod cafe serving breakfast and lunch every day. The Daily Paper provides only the freshest local food with produce from local purveyors and coffee from Beanstock Roasters. You can taste the fresh difference!
Photo by @gramercygourmand
- Downtown Bistro - a chic, tasteful establishment, located in the heart of Hyannis. They specialize in American cuisine with a modern twist, offering options for everyone. Whether you are in the mood for local seafood, a hearty pasta dish, flavorful filet, or an Asian-inspired dish, their menu is filled with mouthwatering options.
Photo by @foodiesnapstagram
- Colombo's - Columbo's welcomes everyone, every day...at any time. Located on Main Street in Hyannis, they focus on great Italian-style food, drinks, and pasties. Don't miss out on trying their Burrata!
Photo by @lenaeatingthings
- Gannon's Tavern - an American Contemporary Tavern with a Modern Industrial feel. The family-owned restaurant focuses on creating a "from scratch" kitchen, carefully hand-crafted cocktails, and meals using quality ingredients.
Photo by @gannons_tavern