Heading to Hyannis soon? We've put together a list of some of our favorite things to do, places to visit, and where to eat! Are we missing any of your favorites? Comment below!
Things to do:
- JFK Hyannis Museum - take an inspiring journey through various periods of President Kennedy's life and learn about his deep connection to Cape Cod, a place where he enjoyed many summers. Step into the unforgettable days of the 1960s in Hyannis Port through an exhibit that features 80 plus photographs, text panels, and video and artifacts from the years Kennedy spent on Cape Cod.
Photo by @gweegin
- Little Miss Cupcape - don't miss out on one of Chef Taylor's sweets made using only the finest ingredients with real butter, cream, cocoa, sugar, and pure vanilla. All of her homemade cupcake confections and decadent delights are baked from scratch daily. Come in for homemade cupcakes, custom cakes, and even edible cookie dough. PS our favorite cupcake flavors are the Cape Coconut cupcake topped with fluffy coconut buttercream or their Seasalt Chocolate Caramel!
Photo by @livethatchboston
- Cape Cod Beer - Cape Cod's original craft beer! Stop by the taproom or their seasonal beer garden for pints, tastings, or to try one of the 18 beers on tap! Open year-round, you can grab a bite to eat from JP's Twisted BBQ. They also offer tours on Saturdays at 11 AM!
Photo by @capecodbeer
- Cape Cod Melody Tent - for over 60 years, the Melody Tent has been presenting world-class entertainment in one of the only two continuously operated tent theaters in the US. They are both historic and nonprofit giving to cultural and educational art programs. Stop by to see entertainment from symphony, rock, and country music!
Photo by @mike_czyk
- Steve & Sue's Par-Tee Freeze & Adventure Falls Mini Golf - from stopping by for your favorite soft serve or frozen yogurt to a miniature golf game with friends and family, Par-Tee Freeze is the place to be for fun in the sun on Cape Cod!
Photo by @parteefreeze
- Hyannis Whale Watcher Cruises - operating since 1980, The Whale Watcher is designed specifically for whale watching in New England. The boat is 130 feet long by 28 feet wide and is powered by five water jets. There are three viewing levels, with two sun decks, and bench seating throughout. Come aboard to spot humpback, finback, and minke whales!
Photo by @saltyjonesphotography
- Cape Cod Jewelers - a 40-year family-owned and operated jewelry store located in the heart of beautiful downtown Hyannis. Their storefront has an extensive inventory of all types of jewelry featuring Cape Cod, Compass, Mermaid, Nautical and, of course, our Capeology Jewelry line! They are also the exclusive retailer of our 14k Cape Cod collection, as well as, our 14k two-toned Cape Cod necklaces and bracelets.
Photo by @capeology
- Pirate Adventures Hyannis - a wonderfully interactive adventure for children between the ages of 3-10 who are looking for a thrill-seeking, treasure-hunting voyage into Hyannis Harbor. Once aboard, every child will be transformed into an official member of the Sea Gypsy and be ready for a pirate adventure!
Photo by @ggtextiledesign
- TapTastings Craft Brew Excursions - try a unique craft beer or wine and cheese tour! You can customize your excursion by picking from multiple different breweries/taphouses, wineries, distilleries, and markets on the Cape to visit. Get picked up and dropped off door-to-door and enjoy the day tasting with your friends!
Photo by @taptastings
- Cape Cod Potato Chips - on July 4, 1980, two small business owners made their dream of making crunchy, unique quality potato chips a reality. Ever since 1985, they have opened a factory in Hyannis and have been offering loyal fans a chance to visit the place where it all began! Stop by for a tour to see how the legendary kettle chips are made.
Photo by @capecodchips
- Ten Pin Eatery - located in the Cape Cod Mall, Ten Pin Eatery is an upscale entertainment venue with 11 Bowling Lanes, a Game Room with over 50 games, Laser Tag, Virtual Reality, 3 Escape rooms, and a Golf Simulator. They also offer a 45 seat marble bar and a full-service restaurant!
Photo by @tenpineatery
- Barnstable Brewing - co-owner Peter started home-brewing beer over 30 years ago. He realized he was on to something special and Barnstable Brewing was born. They pride themselves on being a family-owned business with the passion and skills to create beer that you will fall in love with! Stop by to try one of their 11 fresh, handcrafted beers.
Photo by @barnstable_brewing
- Kandy Korner - there is nothing like getting a freshly wrapped, warm, and chewy piece of salt-water taffy. It is homemade daily and cooked in small batches the old fashion way to ensure the best quality and flavor. Stop by for so much more than just candy and homemade ice cream!
Photo by @thekandycorner
- Katie's Homemade Ice Cream - located in the heart of Cape Cod, on busy Main Street Hyannis, Katie's serves homemade ice cream with innovative twists and classic flavors!
Photo by @jenniemes_eat
- Pain D'Avignon Restaurant Boulangerie - what started out as a small Boulangerie selling baguettes, croissants, and espresso quickly turned became a European style cafe offering breakfast, gourmet lunch, and exquisite specialties made in-house. Since 1992, Pain D' Avignon has developed even further into a one-of-a-kind French restaurant for dinner. They feature a range of breads, treats, and creative French bistro meals. Every morning, flour, salt, and water are combined to bake fresh, warm bread.
Photo by @paindavignoncafe
- Pizza Barbone - going as far as importing flour from Italy, Pizza Barbone takes care in the food they create. They are dedicated to using only fresh seasonal ingredients and making as much of their product from scratch. Their pizza is baked in a handcrafted brick oven, and made from love. The heart of Pizza Barbone is owners Jason and Ali. Located on Main Street, Hyannis, Chef Jason creates Neapolitan pizza and artisanal dishes along with a curated selection of local and imported wine and beer.
Photo by @pizzabarbone
- Black Cat Tavern - a waterfront, harborside restaurant with a full bar, piano lounge, spacious patio, casual dining, and unbeatable ferry access. Stop by the Tavern for juicy burgers and native seafood, or the Harbor Shack to relax and watch the ferries go by.
Photo by @talkingtasty
- Añejo Mexican Bistro - located on Main Street in Falmouth and Hyannis, this is a must-stop for tequila lovers. Sip on one of their 12 different margaritas, house-made cocktails, or tequila. Añejo offers a variety of different tequila including tequila blanco, which is not aged except for a resting period after distilling of up to two months. They also offer tequila reposado, which is aged between two and twelve months in wood barrels. Lastly, they have tequila añejo, which is aged for a minimum of three years, or mezcal, which is the rustic cousin of tequila. Sit below the historic weeping Beechtree planted in 1776 by the outdoor bar or sit on Main Street in Hyannis, and enjoy dining while watching the crowds pass by!
Photo by @briansamuelsphotography
- Spoon and Seed - since opening their doors in June 2015, their restaurant has reached an iconic local status. Chef Matthew is a New York Times-3 star chef and creates dishes inspired by a mix of tradition and spontaneity. Keep it simple with their buttermilk pancakes to kick-start your morning, or if you are feeling spontaneous try their delicious lox bagel.
Photo by @spoonandseed
- The Daily Paper - a chef-owned Cape Cod cafe proudly serving only the freshest local ingredients for breakfast and lunch every day. The Daily Paper provides only the freshest local food with produce from local purveyors and coffee from Beanstock Roasters. Stop in and pick from one of their tasty pancake options like buttermilk, fresh blueberry, banana and candied pecan, or chocolate chip. You can taste the fresh difference!
Photo by @gramercygourmand
- Colombo's - Columbo's stands for the beloved concept born in Italy of the 'gathering place"... truly a place that welcomes everyone, every day...at any time. Located on Main Street in Hyannis, they focus on great Italian-style food, drinks, and pastries. Don't miss out on trying their burrata!
Photo by @mads_aboutit
- Gannon's Tavern - an American Contemporary Tavern with a Modern Industrial feel. The family-owned restaurant focuses on creating a "from scratch" kitchen, carefully hand-crafted cocktails, and meals using quality ingredients. Stop in for a family-friendly atmosphere for a special occasion or just to sit at the bar to relax and watch a game.
Photo by @surferace19