Best Places to Grab a Drink on Cape Cod & the Islands
Heading to Cape Cod or the islands soon? Check out a few of our favorite spots to enjoy some of the best views, while enjoying signature local cocktails!
- Nancy's - located on Martha's Vineyard, this family-owned and operated local spot has been in business since 1960. Today, Nancy's continues to serve their famous dirty banana mudslides on the Oak Bluffs harbor.
Photo by @nancysrestaurant_mv
- Beachcomber - located in Wellfleet, featuring an outdoor bar overlooking the Atlantic, this iconic spot is a must-stop. Their indoor bar is even located in the heart of a former U.S. Lifesaving station. Make sure you stop by to try their irresistible Goombay Smash cocktail!
Photo by @thecomah
- Chatham Bars Inn - located in Chatham on the famous Shore Road, you don't want to miss these views. Enjoy an assortment of drinks in Adirondack chairs with a seaside breeze, fishing boats passing by, and the sun setting beautifully over the Atlantic Ocean.
Photo by @chathambarsinn
- The Port - located in Harwich Port and famous for their Port mudslides, this place has a lot to offer! Enjoy patio dining, live music, corn hole, and ring toss all while sipping on one of their iconic beverages.
Photo by @theportrestaurant
- Anejo - located on Main Street in Hyannis and in Falmouth, this is a must-stop for tequila fans! Sip on one of their 13 different margaritas, house-made cocktails or tequila, and mezcal made from tequila blanco, tequila reposado, anejo, or mezcal.
Photo by @anejomexican
- Truro Vineyards & South Hollow Spirits - located in Truro in between the Atlantic Ocean and Cape Cod Bay, this relaxing spot is a year-round favorite. Come by for tastings, wines by the glass, or a cocktail! They also have food trucks available and a new online reservation portal.
Photo by @trurovineyardsofcapecod
- Aqua Bar - located in Provincetown on Cape Cod Bay, you can't go wrong with this scenic spot. Sit on their beautiful waterfront deck bar, while sipping on creative cocktails and enjoy the magnificent views of the Bay!
Photo by @aquabarptown
- CRU Nantucket - located in the downtown historic district of Nantucket, this iconic waterfront location in the heart of Nantucket Harbor offers the ideal backdrop any time of day! The casually elegant venue offers an experience unlike any other to enjoy a glass of champagne or sip on a glass of rosé at sunset.
Photo by @crunantucket
- Lobster Trap - famous for their specialty cocktails, like the island blush, poi dog, and the painkiller, stop by the next time you're in Bourne. Make sure to try a cocktail recipe from the cocktail shaker Sarah, who is always coming up with the next great drink!
Photo by @lobstertrap
- Pelham House Resort - located in Dennis Port and famously known as the only rooftop bar on the Cape! Stop by to enjoy drinks and jaw-dropping views of Nantucket Sound. PS they even have heaters on their rooftop for the colder months too!
Photo by @eatingwithreegan
- Pain D’Avignon - located in Hyannis and offering a taste of France to Cape Cod. Come experience their 1,000 bottles, all French wine cellar. The cellar is glass-paneled, floor to ceiling, with a black racked room that has a library feel that catalogs wines from each region of France. Stop in to allow one of the servers to uncork one or "two" bottles for you upon your next visit!
Photo by @paindavingnoncafe
- Chart Room - located in Cataumet and accompanied by views of Cataumet Marina. It's a relaxing destination visit for one of their famous mudslides on the water.
Photo by @lovef00d
- Ocean House Beachside - located in Dennis Port overlooking the Nantucket Sound, it was named one of the "top 100 most scenic restaurants." Whether you want a frozen mudslide or just a cold beer, this is the spot for you!
Photo by @theoceanhouse
- Galley Beach Nantucket - since the 1920s, this Nantucket Landmark has sat directly in the sand overlooking Nantucket Sound on the Northwest shore. With a beach-chic atmosphere and an over 5,000 bottle wine cellar and house-crafted cocktails, they look forward to seeing you, "On The Beach!"
Photo by @galleybeach
- Sand Bar at West Dennis Beach - located in West Dennis and famous for "The Big Three Drinks." Pick from their delicious painkiller, mojito, or mudslide and join them for lawn games, beautiful views of the marsh and river of West Dennis Beach, sunset cocktails, live music, and late-night fun!
Photo by @sandbarwestdennisbeach
- The Flying Bridge - located right on Falmouth Harbor, sit back and relax on their multiple-level terrace. While you grab a drink, catch the boats coming in and out of the harbor. If you are lucky, you can even spot the Island Queen Ferry passing by!
Photo by @glasslikethat
- The Beach Bar at Ocean Edge - located in Brewster and perched atop the dunes of Cape Cod Bay, this 32-seat Beach Bar offers undisturbed views of the surrounding area. On clear days Provincetown is visible on the horizon, and each night is greeted by a stunning sunset. Order a cocktail, and relax!
Photo by @oceanedgeresort
- Landfall - Woods Hole's premiere waterfront restaurant presenting spectacular oceanfront views. Sit on the back deck and watch the draw bridge go up and down while sipping on your beverage of choice!
Photo by @landfall46
- Lookout Tavern MV - located conveniently where the ferries dock in Oak Bluffs. Watch the Island Queen and Steamship Authority sail into Oak Bluffs as you sip on a refreshing cocktail overlooking Nantucket Sound!
Photo by @schiffmaeats
- Cape Cod Winery - located in Falmouth and famously known for their signature Mermaid Water Rosé. Relax under their large post and beam tent placed over crushed seashells while sipping one of nine different varieties of wine to choose from!
Photo by @capecodwinery
- Cisco Brewers - come in just as you are and get the original Cisco Brewers Nantucket experience, first-hand! There is something for everyone with the option of their world-class drinks, beers, spirits, and wines.
Photo by @adudewithfoodny
- Popponesset Marketplace - located in New Seabury, nearby the Raw Bar, Cape Cod Coffee, and the Marketplace Cafe. The marketplace has a warm and welcoming environment with outdoor seating and summertime fun for the whole family!
Photo by @poppymarketplacecafe
- Pilot House Restaurant and Lounge - located in Sandwich, it's a great place to relax under the sun or stars with friends and family on the outdoor patio! Sip on their tipsy pineapple drink, refreshing cocktails, or grab a drink from their fully stocked outside bar.
Photo by @bitethisboston
- Shipwrecked - located in Falmouth overlooking Heights Beach. Come by Shipwrecked to enjoy a variety of beer, wine, and cocktails while overlooking stunning views of Nantucket Sound and Falmouth Heights.
Photo by @sanctuaries_assorted
- Chapin's Fish and Chips and Beach Bar - located in Dennis Port and is the perfect spot to meet up with friends for a good time after a day at West Dennis Beach. Dress down, drink up, and make sure you try their new Watermelon Mojito!
Photo by @chapinsbayside