10 of the Best Clam Chowder Spots on the Cape and Islands
We always get asked where the best spots to grab a bowl of clam chowder on the Cape and Islands are, so we decided to put together a list of some of our favorites! Did we miss any? Leave a comment below!
- Captain Parker's Pub (West Yarmouth) - since 1981, they have been serving hearty New England fare from their lively indoor and outdoor deck. At Captain Parker's Pub, they are passionate about their clam chowder. Stop by and taste their award-winning chowder in a bread bowl, take home their iconic mug it's served in, or take a quart to go!
Photo by @captainparkers
- Skipper Chowder House (South Yarmouth) - visit one of Cape Cod's oldest waterfront restaurants with pristine views of Nantucket sound. The Skipper Crew works hard to make your dining experience memorable whether you are just visiting for a day, or a lifetime! Their Cape Cod Clam Chowdah has been the winner of Boston, Cape Cod, and Newport festivals.
Photo by @skipperchowderhouse
- Chatham Squire (Chatham) - stop by The Squire, where friends get together, for trivia, karaoke, and more. Make sure to bring your furry friends to enjoy the dog bar while you enjoy their delicious clam chowder!
Photo by @feedingsweets
- Spanky's Clam Shack and Seaside Saloon (Hyannis) - visit Spanky's for lunch or dinner and feast on their award-winning clam chowder made with locally caught and harvested clams. They are located directly on the water on Hyannis Harbor adjacent to the Hy-Line Cruise Ships, the perfect spot to experience a little bit of "Old Cape Cod."
Photo by @food_of_ct
- Lobster Trap (Bourne) - what started as a neighborhood fish market has transformed into a year-round restaurant serving elevated cuisine in a fun and casual environment for the entire family. Try Chef Dan's clam chowder while overlooking the Back River in Bourne. A true Cape Cod experience!
Photo by @lobstertrap
- Black Cat Harbor Shack (Hyannis) - located next to the Black Cat Tavern on the Hyannis Harbor, relax on their front porch while eating a cup or bowl of their award-winning clam chowder and watch ferries go by!
Photo by @bflofoodblog
- Kream N Kone (West Dennis) - established in 1953 as a small stand serving ice cream, hot dogs, and hamburgers, Kream and Kone soon became home of award-winning fried seafood. Many consider them to be the best "clam shack" on Cape Cod.
Photo by @kreamnkone
- Flying Bridge Restaurant (Falmouth) - located on Falmouth Harbor, watch boats cruise in and out in an electric atmosphere during the day, turned romantic at night. Their mission is simple: serve delicious food that will make you want to return week after week. Enjoy their signature New England Clam Chowder, made from a blend of their own clams, potatoes, and cream.
Photo by @kristi_lynn_unfiltered
- Land Ho! (Orleans) - a home away from home, Land Ho! has a warm, inviting, and charming atmosphere. Their delicious clam chowder is available for lunch, dinner, late-night, and to go!
Photo by @land_ho_orleans
- Lookout Tavern (Oak Bluffs) - open for the season; serving lunch and dinner to walk-ins only, Lookout Tavern provides waterfront dining. Try a bowl of their famous clam chowder while overlooking views of the Oak Bluffs Fishing Pier.
Photo by @bigcitynoms