Best Breakfast Spots on the Cape and Islands
We always get asked where the best spots to grab breakfast on the Cape and Islands are, so we decided to put together a list of some of our favorites! Did we miss any? Leave a comment below!
- The Rail (Orleans) - their main inspiration for "The Rail" comes from surfing. The rail is the edge of your surfboard that controls a lot of your movement from the wave. Stop by on your way to Nauset Beach and grab some delicious breakfast. PS we highly recommend trying the french toast!
Photo by @therailorleans
- Café Chew (Sandwich) - a healthy and delicious eatery with indoor and outdoor seating. Café Chew is where you can feel at home, sipping a freshly brewed coffee at a cozy corner table. Grab a quick breakfast sandwich and pastry baked in-house to get your day started!
Photo by @thebostonfinsta
- Lemon Press (Nantucket) - located on Nantucket's cobblestoned Main Street, Lemon Press is an organic eatery, café, and craft cocktail bar. They aim to provide a fresh and friendly space to gather over coffee and avocado toast, or shared plates and cocktails. Start your day off right with an energizing coffee drink, a delicious breakfast sandwich, and one of their famous cold-pressed juices.
Photo by @lemonpressnantucket
- Moonakis Cafe (East Falmouth) - voted "Best Breakfast in the Upper Cape" five years in a row, Moonakis Cafe is open for both inside dining and curbside takeout seven days a week. Make sure you try their mouth-watering pancakes that are served with whipped butter and powdered sugar!
Photo by @moonakiscafe
- Pain D'Avignon Restaurant Boulangerie (Hyannis) - what started out as a small boulangerie selling baguettes, croissants, and espresso quickly became a café offering European-style gourmet breakfast, lunch, and exquisite specialties made in-house. Taste one of their breakfast sandwiches, egg breakfasts, or chef-inspired omelettes! Their bakery offers delicious homemade bread, bagels, croissants, and pastries.
Photo by @paindavignoncafe
- Spoon & Seed (Hyannis) - they brought farm-to-table and holistic cuisine to Cape Cod and have transformed the way locals dine year-round!
Photo by @ketchinupwithkt
- Hole in One Breakfast and Lunch (Orleans and Eastham) - come dine at "the place where locals go." Enjoy a sit-down breakfast, donuts, and pastries, or grab some takeout! Their bakery and coffee shop in Eastham offer eighteen different styles of donuts, as well as muffins, croissants, bagels, pastries, and cookies. Their breakfast specialties in Orleans include a variety of omelettes, benedicts, pancakes, waffles, french toast, and breakfast sandwiches!
Photo by @rosie.eats.bx
- Waterside Market (Vineyard Haven) - located on Main Street in Vineyard Haven, Waterside Market is a year-round market and cafe offering all-day breakfast! All meals are served with fresh ingredients, organic and local when possible, and made from scratch. Sip on a fresh cup of coffee, matcha, apple cider, and more while you people-watch on their amazing outdoor patio!
Photo by @foodistagirl
- Rory's (Mashpee & Dennis) - from the first store opening in 1978, Rory's has changed while keeping a lot the same. Their mission is to bring people together through food by providing the freshest offerings. Stop by their kitchen for fresh juice, smoothie, coffee, and breakfast served all day. Pro tip: check out one of their five delicious avocado toast variations!
Photo by @balancedbysarah
- Sunbird Cape Cod (Orleans) - they offer a growing list of homemade snacks, meals, sauces, spreads, ingredients, treats, and more! Everything is made from scratch in their kitchen with seasonally fresh ingredients. Make sure to try their fresh coffee, espresso, and homemade beverages, while enjoying one of their mouthwatering, Bird Breakfast Sandwiches!
Photo by @kaleingitwithkristin
- Grumpy's (East Dennis) - serving home-style cooking since 1991, Grumpy's is the place to go for a great, hearty meal. Grumpy's is well known for its warm, friendly atmosphere with a menu big enough to please everyone. Every meal is made from the finest ingredients and cooked to order with the highest quality meats, cheese, and produce.
Photo by @thesnacksheepofthefam
- Bagel Haven (Mashpee) - the options are endless at Bagel Haven with freshly baked bagels and muffins, delicious breakfast sandwiches, house-made cream cheese flavors, wraps, and paninis! Their bagels are baked fresh and delivered daily. Make sure to come in early or call ahead before your favorite flavor is sold out!
Photo by @bagel_haven
- Cape Cod Coffee Cafe (Mashpee Commons) - where a sip of coffee can help take you away to the Cape Cod state of mind. Cape Cod Coffee Cafe has much more than delicious coffee to start your day. They offer a variety of traditional breakfasts, breakfast sandwiches, pancakes, and more. Make sure you try their mimosa flight, while you're there!
Photo by @capecodcoffeecafe
- The Daily Paper on Main (Hyannis) - serving only the freshest local ingredients and proudly pouring coffee from Beanstock Roasters, of Wellfleet. Stop in and pick from one of their tasty burritos, breakfast sandwiches, french toast, waffles, pancakes, and more!
Photo by @cozycoastalhp
- Pickle Jar (Falmouth) - a family business run in the historic Weeks Building on Main Street in downtown Falmouth. The Pickle Jar Kitchen makes every meal with wholesome, natural ingredients and serves its customers in a warm and friendly atmosphere. Make sure to try, The House Pickles!
Photo by @wellnesswithginaa
- Keltic Kitchen (West Yarmouth) - the place to get a traditional Irish breakfast. Try a delicious slice of their french toast in an atmosphere you do not want to miss!
Photo by @keltickitchen
- Daily Brew (Cataumet) - at "The Brew" you can always enjoy a delicious beverage or sandwich from the comfort of indoor and outdoor seating surrounded by art and laughter. They serve breakfast and lunch daily along with retail items from local artisans!
Photo by @tale.of.two.citiess
- Ann & Fran's Kitchen (West Yarmouth) - serving friends and neighbors since 1975, A&F crafted their menu from scratch with unique and delicious breakfast and lunch items. Whether you are a meat lover, gluten-free, or vegan, A&F has something that is bound to bring you back for a second visit!
Photo by @carynbeatyphotography
- Hangar B Eatery (Chatham) - open for breakfast and lunch at The Chatham Municipal Airport. They offer indoor and outdoor seating, a grab-and-go option in the summer, and their own organic fair trade coffee at their roasting bay in North Chatham.
Photo by @justspooninaround
- The Wee Packet Restaurant (Dennis Port) - open since 1949, they have been serving loyal customers for over 70 years! They strive to provide an authentic Cape Cod experience while serving the freshest food.
Photo by @2fullfoodies
- Cafe Alfresco (Brewster) - located right on historic Route 6A, they are home to delicious smoothies, breakfast sandwiches, coffee, pastries, and acai bowls.
Photo by @cafealfrescocapecod
- The Buttercup Cafe (Barnstable) - is located right on Main Street and serves breakfast all day long! Options include sandwiches, bowls, sides, and more!
Photo by @thebuttercup.cafe