Heading to Yarmouth soon? We've put together a list of some of our favorite things to do, places to visit and where to eat! Are we missing any of your favorites? Comment below!
Things to do:
- Pirate's Cove - "meet the challenge" on two different pirate themed 18-hole championship courses with waterfalls and caves all through the course. Boston Magazine says Pirate's Cove is the next best thing to Disney this year!
Photo by @catherinewanders
- Candy Company - cure your sweet tooth and find old fashioned, unique candy that'll bring back childhood memories from a selection of over 2,500 different choices of goodies!
Photo by @discoannabelle
- Gray's Beach - walk the boardwalk that spans over scenic marshes to get to the beach! Soak up the sun for the day, reserve a group picnic table, or catch a stunning sunset with friends and family.
Photo by @capeimagesbyamie
- Whydah Pirate Museum - home to thousands of items from the Whydah and displays the largest collection of pirate artifacts recovered from a single shipwreck anywhere in the world.
Photo by @whydahpiratemuseum
- Cape Cod Inflatable Park - if you're feeling adventurous and eager to try something new, Cape Cod Inflatable Park is the largest wet and dry inflatable park in the world!
Photo by @capecodinflatablepark
- Caffè Gelato Bertini - a cozy cottage cafe serving Italian gelato and sorbetto, plus coffee drinks and housemade sodas. Try their affogato, espresso with gelato, which includes three scoops of gelato doused with espresso and whipped cream!
Photo by @nelyme10
- Cape Cod Salt Water Taffy - Cape Cod Salt Water Taffy Company is one of the last authentic taffy kitchens in the East standing today. You can watch the process of the candy-makers working 50 pound taffy to be stretched, decorated, and finally cut and wrapped up. Fill your own box from the rainbow display of 30 different delicious flavors, all made from the original, home recipe!
Photo by @capeology
- Skull Island Sports World - Skull Island is Cape Cod's premiere sports complex filled with fun and excitement for the whole family. Go mini golfing through a haunted treasure cove, drive along an exhilarating Go-Kart track, and practice your golf swing at the driving range!
Photo by @em_kane
- Old King's Coffeehouse - Cape Cod locals, Mark & Kate, started Old King's to create a locally owned coffeehouse in the area. Old King's takes pride in serving the freshest, best-tasting coffee beans found all over the world. They bring incredible handcrafted food to the local community in a place that feels like home.
Photo by @capecodproperties
- Yarmouth Sand Sculptures - featuring 32 family-friendly sand sculptures that are all scattered around town. Browse the sculptures and enter the Yarmouth Sand Sculpture Trail Photo Contest by taking a photo of your favorite sand sculpture and entering your submission!
Photo by @capezai4e
- Captain Parker's Pub - owner Gerry opened his dream restaurant in July of 1981 and has been a Cape staple ever since. Captain Parker's Pub overlooks Parker's River. They are best known for their thick and cream New England clam chowder (pictured below)! Dine inside or relax on their deck to enjoy a Cape Cod tradition.
Photo by @captainparkers
- Skipper Chowder House - established in 1936, Skipper Restaurant and Chowder House is one of Cape Cod's oldest waterfront restaurants. Enjoy pristine views of Nantucket Sound while eating one of Skipper Chowder House's great lobster rolls! Their lobster rolls are served with homemade seasoned kettle chips or french fries and coleslaw. You can choose from three different signature rolls. The Traditional Lobster Roll is 4 ounces of fresh-made lobster salad, Skipper's Lobster Roll Supreme is a half pound of fresh-made lobster salad, and The Wicked Awesome is a half pound of fresh lobster served with hot butter (all served on a toasted brioche roll). All entrees are made to order with the finest and freshest fish you can find. Don't forget to try their award-winning clam chowder!
Photo by @foodieandthebeast88
- Tugboats at Hyannis Marina - overlooking all of Hyannis Harbor, Tugboats is known to be a family-friendly seafood spot for casual waterfront dining. Check out their newly-renovated decks that make them one of the best outdoor dining locations on Cape Cod!
Photo by @thinking_about_food
- Keltic Kitchen - the place to go for a traditional Irish Breakfast. Make sure you try their assortment of mouthwatering pancakes, french toast, and so much more! Keltic Kitchen has a one-of-a-kind atmosphere you do not want to miss.
Photo by @keltickitchen
- Gerardi's Cafe - at Gerardis', they don't just wish to fill your hunger with home-style and creative dishes, but to fill your heart with memories stirred sitting around the diner table with classic music and great wines. Chef Diego has worked alongside his parents since he was fourteen years old. He was taught his father's Sicilian recipes and traveled to Italy to continue his family traditions. Diego has mastered the art of Sicilian-inspired Italian cuisine. Stop in to enjoy more than just a meal, but a memorable experience.
Photo by @gerardiscafe
- Sweet Tomatoes Pizza - a Cape Cod go-to for New Haven, "Neapolitan" style thin crust pies and slices. Sweet Tomatoes uses a whole wheat flour blend for the crust, a signature chunky tomato sauce, quality cheeses, and meats!
Photo by @geta_pizza_me
- Old Yarmouth Inn - established in 1996, the Old Yarmouth Inn has been a gathering place for all. It has a homey, yet elegant atmosphere. They focus on serving homemade classics & local seafood prepared with fresh, seasonal ingredients for tasty, nourishing meals.
Photo by @loismichaelvincent
- Ann & Fran's Kitchen - since 1975, Ann & Fran's Kitchen has been serving friends and neighbors an eclectic menu of scratch made, unique breakfast and lunch items. Whether you're a meat lover, gluten free, or vegan, Chef Paul has created a menu to bring you back for a second visit!
Photo by @foodfollower7
- Royal II Restaurant & Grille - whether you are in the mood for Mediterranean, Italian, or American cuisine, Royal II prepares all meals using top quality ingredients served fresh to you.
Photo by @yummymunches3