10 of the Best Mudslides on the Cape and Islands
We always get asked where the best spots to grab a mudslide on Cape Cod and the Islands are, so we put together a list of some of our favorites! Did we miss any? Leave a comment below!
- The Port (Harwich Port) - located on the main street of Harwich Port and just blocks from the beaches of Nantucket, making it the perfect quintessential Cape Cod summer spot. With three bars, The Port is a local favorite hang-out spot. Try one of their iconic mudslides: The Port's Original Oreo Mudslide, Butterfinger, or Skrewball Peanut Butter mudslide!
Photo by @theportrestaurant
- The Chart Room (Cataumet) - first opening in 1966, The Chart Room was built on a converted New Jersey Central Railroad barge that was used as a machine stop to aid in producing vessels during the Korean War. With the development of the Cataumet Marina over the years, visiting yachtsmen required dining facilities, leading to the Chart Room. Their signature mudslide is blended with Baileys Irish Cream, Kahlua, and vodka. Summer has not begun until the first sip of "The Original" Chart Room mudslide is had!
Photo by @lovef00d
- Sand Bar at West Dennis Beach (West Dennis) - stop by the Sand Bar at West Dennis Beach for a good time with family and friends for drinks and lawn games, beautiful views of the marsh, breathtaking sunset views, and live music! Their frozen mudslide is topped with whipped cream and chocolate sauce, making a delicious drink to sip on!
Photo by @sandbaratwestdennis
- The Mansion at Ocean Edge Resort (Brewster) - perched atop the dunes of Cape Cod Bay, the 32-seat Beach Bar offers undisturbed views, with Provincetown in the distance on a clear day and stunning sunsets nightly. Sip on a mudslide while surrounded by good company and breathtaking views.
Photo by @oceanedgeresort
- The Pilot House (Sandwich) - located on the Sandwich Marina on the Cape Cod Canal, The Pilot House offers stunning water and sunset views. Enjoy a summer night with friends and family on their patio while sipping on a one-of-a-kind frozen 'mudslide'. The Nuts About Chocolate cocktail includes a frozen blend of Magic Rabbit Chocolate and Peanut Butter Whiskey, Baileys, and Kahlua.
Photo by @pilothousecapecod
- Landfall Restaurant (Woods Hole) - open for its 78th season, the Landfall was built off a sandy beach and a sea wall by a local man who grew up loving the summertime and is now run by his son and granddaughter. Over time the restaurant has been constructed of old wood from shipwrecks and windows from local landmarks. It is decorated with coastal gems found all over the world. Relax on the back deck sitting over Great Harbor, take in the smell of the ocean, and sip on a frozen mudslide blended with Ice Pik Vodka, Kahlua, and Bailey's Irish Cream.
Photo by @landfall46
- Nancy's Restaurant & Snack Bar (Oak Bluffs, MV) - family owned and operated since 1960, Nancy's is located on Oak Bluffs Harbor with magical views from sunrise to sunset. Donovan's Reef, Nancy's outdoor cocktail hut, is home to the legendary Dirty Banana. A mudslide unlike any other, the Dirty Banana is a rite of passage to a Cape Cod summer.
Photo by @capeology
- The Tavern and Gazebo (Nantucket) - while on Nantucket, The Gazebo's bar is a must! Relax in a lively, open-side structure in the heart of downtown and enjoy a perfect ocean breeze while taking in views of Nantucket Harbor. The Gazebo Mudslide is a must!
Photo by @bostoncocktail
- Chapin's Fish & Chips (Dennis Port) - located just down the road from West Dennis Beach, Chapin's is a great casual spot to meet up with friends and family for a good time and a refreshing drink. While enjoying good company outside on the lawn, relax with Chip's mudslide in hand! If you are feeling adventurous, their peanut butter mudslide made with Skrewball Peanut Butter Whiskey is refreshingly good!
Photo by @capemudslides
- The Falmouth Raw Bar (Falmouth) - overlooking Falmouth Harbor, if you are looking for casual waterfront dining, live music, or nightlife this summer, the Raw Bar is the place to be! On a hot summer day enjoy one of their three homemade mudslides: the original, the Oreo Wet Your Willy, or the Reese's Peanut Butter Skrewball Whiskey mudslide to cool you down!
Photo by @falmouthrawbar