Heading to Dennis soon? We've put together a list of some of our favorite things to do, places to visit and where to eat! Are we missing any of your favorites? Comment below!
Things to do:
- Mayflower Beach - one of our favorite beaches that the Cape has to offer. Very clean and soft sand and a perfect place to catch the sunset! It's a great spot for families, with it's sandbars, tide pools, and light waves.
Photo by @bcoyyy22
- Stage Stop Candy - built on over 50 years of tradition, family legacy, and home grown recipes. Stop in to try their delicious handcrafted chocolates!
Photo by @stagestopcandy
- Harvest Gallery Wine Bar - a charming hangout for art shows & live music, while you enjoy local food that can be paired with a wine tasting.
Photo by @harvestgalleryprovisions
- Cape Cod Rail Trail - the bike path runs all over the Cape. You can park off of Route 134.
- Corporation Beach - a beautiful horseshoe shaped beach with amenities including: bathrooms, outdoor showers, and a incredible snack shack. When the tide goes out at the beach, there are plenty of tide pools for exploring. Great for families!
Photo by @kelly_hardyyyy
- Scargo Tower - a 30 foot tall cobblestone tower located at the top of Scargo Hill. It's the highest point of land on the Cape and the view allows you to see from Cape Cod Bay to Provincetown. Temporarily closed, but hoping it will reopen in the Spring!
- Sundae School - serving homemade ice cream since 1976 with the motto, "Never skip Sundae School!" Located in Dennis Port, and they also have a location in Harwich Port.
Photo by @capeology
- Pelham House Resort - recently renovated with a fresh look. A stay at the Pelham includes a private beach, a beachfront pool, breathtaking views of Nantucket Sound, a rooftop restaurant (with heaters in the off-season), and oceanfront fire pits!
Photo by @pelhamhouseresort
- Cold Storage Beach - one of the great bayside beaches of the Cape. Spacious sand beach with rock jetties perfect for swimming, sunbathing & boat-watching.
Photo by @michaelafowler
- LaBelle's General Store - the most unique destination for beautiful coastal gifts, Cape Cod Gifts, souvenirs & sweashirts.
- Fritz Glass - customers can purchase one-of-a-kind glass pieces. Stop by to watch glass blowing and purchase hand blown glass. Currently closed to the public due to COVID-19, but you can call or email for shopping options!
Photo by @fritzglass_capecod
- Ice Cream Smuggler - they've been serving up homemade hand scooped frozen treats in Dennis Village since 1979. They also offer a variety of ice cream cakes and pies for larger groups!
Photo by @quinntiki
- Sesuit Harbor Cafe - overlooking Northside Marina, this restaurant is one of the best the Cape has to offer! From their seafood to their delicious breakfast, you need to pay this special spot a visit the next time you're in Dennis. Keep in mind it's cash only and BYOB.
Photo by @hoboken_love
- Chapin's Fish & Chips and Beach Bar - located just down the road from West Dennis Beach, it's a great spot to meet up with friends for good times and great food. They offer live music on the patio and there are both indoor and outdoor dining options available. Reopening for the season in Spring 2021.
Photo by @chapins_fish_and_chips
- Kream N' Kone - award-winning fried seafood, including fried clams, shrimp, seafood platters, french fries, onion rings, and their fresh lobster roll, has been a Cape favorite for over six decades. Currently open for the 2021 season!
Photo by @kylehildebrant
- Wee Packet - a casual family-friendly restaurant for traditional Irish & American breakfasts & classic clam-shack eats.
Photo by @love.atfirstbite
- The Ocean House Restaurant - contemporary cuisine featuring locally-sourced seafood, farmed ingredients & craft cocktails. Voted in the Top 100 "Most Scenic Restaurants" By OpenTable!
Photo by @bruschetta_boys
- Captain Frosty's Fish & Chips - for over 40 years, they have been serving award-winning fried seafood! Grab a meal "to-go" or relax under their shaded patio.
Photo by @captainfrostys
- Scargo Cafe - casual fine dining in Dennis Village. They offer seafood, steaks, burgers, craft cocktails, local beers, and of course, their award winning wine list. They also offer greenhouses to allow for outdoor dining in the cooler months!
Photo by @scargocafe
- Woolfies Bakery - a small seasonal family breakfast bakery serving delicious muffins, pastries, coffee & grilled breakfast sandwiches served fresh for over 50 years. Opening for the 2021 season in May!
Photo by @woolfiesbakery
- Bandera's Market & Deli - all sandwiches are made to order and their meatballs, sauce, and breaded chicken cutlets are all homemade everyday.
Photo by @banderas_mkt
- Cleat & Anchor - an American style restaurant and tavern that fuses casual Cape Cod charm with a little contemporary flare. They also offer tons of gluten-free options!
Photo by @cleatandanchor
- Southside Cantina - great atmosphere and delicious Mexican food!
Photo by @southside_cantina
- The Dog House Restaurant - they bring their love for great food and unforgettable times to a place long known for both!
Photo by @newenglandclamshacks
- The Pheasant - focused on sustainable locally-sourced dining and approachable hospitality. Their kitchen works closely with local farmers and fishermen to offer seasonal menus featuring Cape Cod ingredients and bold flavors!
I’m you’re next update you should include the Encore Bistro and Bar – a hidden gem on Hope Street it is a lovely restaurant – delicious food and drinks!
Firestarter pizza. Slab sundays!
We have been coming to Dennis for about 5 years now and we love love love the Original Seafood Restaurant in Dennisport!
I love how capeology is helping so much to assist travelers in getting the most out of their cape visits!!
Love the cape!! 💗
You forgot The Pheasant!