Heading to Dennis soon? We've put together a list of some of our favorite things to do, places to visit and where to eat! Are we missing any of your favorites? Comment below!
Things to do:
- Mayflower Beach - one of our favorite beaches that the Cape has to offer. Very clean and soft sand and a perfect place to catch the sunset! It's a great spot for families, with it's sandbars, tide pools, and light waves.
Photo by @tbradlee
- Chapin Beach - backed by low sand dunes, Chapin Beach feels like a private getaway! It is a perfect spot for exploring tidal flats and swimming. Just a short walk from local restaurants, Chapin Beach is the perfect spot for a quaint beach visit!
Photo by @bettywileyphoto
- Stage Stop Candy - built on over 50 years of tradition, family legacy, and home grown recipes. Stop in to try their delicious handcrafted chocolates!
Photo by @stagestopcandy
- Harvest Gallery Wine Bar - stop in for a charming hangout for art shows & live music, while you enjoy local food that can be paired with a wine tasting.
Photo by @harvestgalleryprovisions
- Cape Cod Rail Trail - ride, walk, or run through 6 Cape towns as you follow along the Cape Cod Rail Trail! Along this 25-mile trail, there are beautiful beaches, amazing views, and scenic state parks to visit as you please. Park off Route 134 in South Dennis, and enjoy a beautiful day in nature!
Photo by @checkitofftravel
- Corporation Beach - a beautiful horseshoe shaped beach with amenities including: bathrooms, outdoor showers, and a incredible snack shack. When the tide goes out at the beach, there are plenty of tide pools for exploring. Great for families!
Photo by @capeimagesbymie
- Scargo Tower - a 30-foot-tall cobblestone tower located atop the highest hill in the Mid-Cape, Scargo Hill. At the top, the view allows you to see from Cape Cod Bay to Provincetown.
Photo by @sirlizard
- Sundae School - serving homemade ice cream since 1976 with the motto, "Never skip Sundae School!" Located in Dennis Port, and they also have a location in Harwich Port.
Photo by @capeology
- Pelham House Resort - stunningly renovated with a fresh look, the Pelham House Resort stands as one of the most distinctive and beautiful resorts on the Cape Cod oceanfront. A stay at the Pelham includes a private beach, a heated beachfront pool, breathtaking views of Nantucket Sound, a rooftop restaurant (with heaters in the off-season), and oceanfront fire pits!
Photo by @pelhamhospitality
- Cold Storage Beach - one of the great bayside beaches of the Cape. Spacious sand beach with rock jetties perfect for swimming, sunbathing & boat-watching.
Photo by @michaelafowler
- Fritz Glass - Fritz Lauenstein started blowing glass in 1974, and has been in business since 1991 creating beautiful hot and handblown glass. Fritz is known as one of the top marble makers working today. The family atmosphere at Fritz Glass gathers friends and visitors every day. Customers can watch pieces being crafted, purchase one-of-a-kind glass pieces, and perhaps leave with a fresh bucket of clams!
Photo by @fritzglass_capecod
- Ice Cream Smuggler - Since 1979, Ice Cream Smuggler's has been serving up homemade hand scooped frozen treats in Dennis Village. Not only do they have delicious ice cream, but they offer a variety of ice cream cakes and pies!
Photo by @quinntiki
- Pelham House Resort - enjoy an unforgettable oceanfront dining experience! Part of what makes the Pelham House Resort so special is the variety of oceanfront dining options offered year-round. Their gorgeous heated rooftop restaurant offers one of the most unforgettable dining experiences on Cape Cod. Every dish and drink served is accompanied by sweeping views of Nantucket Sound. Made-from-scratch brunch, lunch, and dinner specialties are crafted with local, seasonal ingredients and creative flair by their culinary team. It's a must-visit!
Photo by @phat_phucks
- Sesuit Harbor Cafe - overlooking the Northside Marina and Cape Cod Bay, Sesuit Harbor Cafe is a classic clam shack with beautiful outdoor seating options. Stop by to taste their world-famous lobster roll sandwich that is so good they named a boat after it (SS Lobster Roll)! Their signature lobster roll is started with a buttery New England-style hot dog bun, green leaf lettuce, sliced tomato, and their signature lobster salad, served with delicious french fries and coleslaw! From their seafood to their delicious breakfast, you need to pay this special spot a visit the next time you're in Dennis. Keep in mind it's cash only and BYOB.
Photo by @hoboken_love
- Chapin's Fish & Chips and Beach Bar - located just down the road from West Dennis Beach, it's a great spot to meet up with friends for good times and great food. They offer live music on the patio and there are both indoor and outdoor dining options available. Reopening for the season in the Spring.
Photo by @capdmudslides
- Kream N' Kone - in 1953 Kream 'N Kone was a small stand serving ice cream, hot dogs, and hamburgers. Soon after fried seafood was added to the menu and has been known as the place to go for great fried seafood. Their philosophy is: buy and serve fresh and top-quality seafood. Don't miss out on their flavorful, crispy fried clams, onion rings, and fresh lobster roll! Kream N' Kone has been a Cape favorite for over six decades. Closes 10/29 for the season.
Photo by @kreamnkone
- Fin - Fin is located on Main Street in Dennis Village in a beautiful two story antique home. They serves fine dining, contemporary seafood with French and Asian influences. Fin focuses on using local ingredients from fish to farm and offer surprises, like their house-made specialty lobster donut (pictured below). You heard that right, a donut stuffed with fresh lobster! They are open during the day from the months of June - August and are a definitely a must-try!
Photo by @markadamowicz
- Wee Packet Restaurant (Dennis Port) - open since 1949, they have been serving loyal customers for over 70 years! They strive to provide an authentic Cape Cod experience while serving the freshest food. You don't want to miss their giant house-made pancakes topped with melted butter and powdered sugar!
Photo by @bryantscoobysnacks
- The Ocean House Restaurant - a contemporary restaurant located on the coast of Dennis. They are known for impeccably crafted cocktails and cuisine using locally sourced seafood and farmed ingredients. Dine overlooking Nantucket Sound and enjoy a delicious meal! P.S. They were even voted in the Top 100 "Most Scenic Restaurants" By OpenTable!
Photo by @theoceanhouse
- Captain Frosty's Fish & Chips (Dennis) - for over 45 years, Captain Frosty's has been serving award-winning fried seafood! Their 50's style clam shack is a roadside tradition for locals and visitors. The fried clam plate is served with native, whole-belly fried clams and comes with french fries, coleslaw, and two clam cakes. Order to-go, grab a booth inside, or relax outdoors on their shaded patios with delicious food and good company!
Photo by @pfmoy39
- Scargo Cafe - casual fine dining in Dennis Village. They offer seafood, steaks, burgers, craft cocktails, local beers, and of course, their award-winning wine list. They also offer greenhouses to allow for outdoor dining in the cooler months!
Photo by @frenchonion4u
- Woolfie's Bakery - freshly baked daily, Woolfie's serves mouthwatering, fluffy, and flavorful donuts. Make sure to try their chocolate and vanilla glazed brioche donuts (pictured below)! They also accept online orders.
Photo by @woolfiesbakery
- Bandera's Market & Deli - prides themselves on providing their customers with the freshest, most delicious breakfast and deli sandwiches. They proudly serve the Cape Cod Beach community for all your summer vacation needs, made with homemade ingredients every day. Order one of the best subs on Cape ahead for easy pick up right at the counter.
Photo by @wesaygravy
- Cleat & Anchor - an American-style restaurant and tavern that fuses casual Cape Cod charm with a little contemporary flare. Their approach to food is simple: putting their signature twist on Cape Cod favorites; like Smoked Wings, Clam Chowder Poutine, and Chicken-Fried Fish & Chips. Come by to dine or hang out with friends and play cornhole on their outdoor patio!
Photo by @_foodie_licious
- Southside Cantina - stop in Southside Cantina for a great atmosphere and delicious Mexican food!
Photo by @southside_cantina
- The Dog House Restaurant - at The Dog House, they bring their love for great food and unforgettable times to a place long known for both!
Photo by @newenglandclamshacks
- The Pheasant - family-owned and operated, The Pheasant is the dream of Adam and Erica Dunn. They focus on sustainable locally-sourced dining and approachable hospitality. Chef Garrett and his crew work closely with local farmers and fishermen to offer the best seasonal ingredients to create a made-from-scratch menu featuring Cape Cod ingredients and bold flavors! They are open Thursday-Sunday in the Fall.
Photo by @pheasantcapecod
- Chapin's Bayside - steps away from Mayflower and Chapin Beach, Chapin's Bayside offers amazing dinner specials, live music, and a place for everyone to gather for a delicious meal and unforgettable memories.
Photo by @thewayshe_rolls