Heading to Sandwich soon? We've put together a list of some of our favorite things to do, places to visit, and where to eat! Are we missing any of your favorites? Comment below!
Things to do:
- Sandwich Boardwalk - also known as the "Plank Walk," the boardwalk is composed of hundreds of inscribed planks. It was originally constructed in 1875 and then reconstructed in 1991 after Hurricane Bob destroyed it. The inscriptions on the planks are the names of the community members who make a donation towards the reconstruction. Walk over 1,300 feet across marsh and creek to reach equally stunning views at Town Neck Beach.
Photo by @mondvi60
- Heritage Museum - located on 100 acres of magnificent grounds and trails on the banks of Shawme Pond, the gardens feature internationally important collections of rhododendrons, comprehensive collections of hydrangeas, a collection of over 1,000 varieties of daylilies, hostas, herbs, heather gardens, and more than a thousand varieties of trees, shrubs, and flowers along beautiful and easily walked paths. Heritage also offers three gallery buildings housing permanent exhibits of world-class automobiles, a working vintage carousel, American folk art, and featured special exhibitions.
Photo by @verylot
- Sandy Neck - this barrier beach has developed into 4,700 acres of dunes, maritime forests, and marshes. Drive on to the beach and start a campfire, or visit to soak up the sunshine and swim!
Photo by @parthgpatel
- Sandwich Glass Museum - with no appointment needed, see and shop glassblowing throughout the day. Sandwich Glass Museum combines classic exhibits of its extensive collection with state-of-the-art technology used to bring many of the new installations to life.
Photo by @homeportcapecod
- Treehouse Brewing Company - a calming place to enjoy a beer. Situated in the idyllic location, Treehouse Brewing opened its second location nestled between the stunning Sandwich boardwalk and the bayside outlet of the Cape Cod Canal. Order online or stop in for reliably delightful beer that can contribute positively to life's precious moments.
Photo by @treehousebrewco
- Titcomb's Bookstore - the unearthing of antiquarian books led Ralph Titcomb to become a well-respected and beloved dealer of antiquarian books. He began traveling around the country to seek them out, which led to the opening of a small bookstore adjacent to their home fifty-two years ago. Since then, Titcomb's Bookstore has become a place to browse for books, local knick-knacks, and a place to meet some of your favorite local authors.
Photo by @britttsbooks_
- Ice Cream Sandwich - Jo-Ann and Ray are proud to be carrying on the tradition of being the only ice cream shop in Sandwich that makes their homemade ice cream on the premises and still whips their cream fresh every day. Make sure you try one of their unique ice cream sandwiches like, Fruity Pebbles Ice Cream Sandwich!
Photo by @icecream_sandwich_cc
- Sandwich Mini Golf - Sandwich Mini Golf has its roots in a family cranberry bog that 15-year-old "Mo" began reclaiming in 1960. The rest is history! Today, Mo's lifelong passion has evolved into 36 holes of quaint Cape Cod miniature golf which are all inspired by his worldwide travels and adventures.
Photo via Sandwich Mini Golf
- Dunbar House Tearoom - share a pot of tea with old friends or savor a glass of wine with new friends. Enjoy freshly baked goods, finger sandwiches, and a full lunch menu while reconnecting and relaxing at the Dunbar House.
Photo by @dinewithdorit
- Cape Cod Donuts - family-run, crispy on the outside and warm on the inside old-fashioned donuts. Stop by their food truck to pick up your choice of over 15 different flavors of just one, or a dozen freshly baked donuts.
Photo by @positiveoutlookphotos
- Twin Acres - bring the whole family (including the pup) to enjoy your choice of over 70 different flavors that include premium hard, soft serve, sorbet, and vegan ice cream! Enjoy your ice cream on two acres of land with lush gardens of hydrangeas and daisies.
Photo by @goodeatswithsam
- Town Neck Beach - walk along the boardwalk to get to a great spot for swimming, fishing, and watching boats pass through Cape Cod Canal. Find Cape Cod Slush Co's food truck here for delicious slushies, hot dogs, grilled cheese, and more!
Photo by @mbdixon11
- Shipwreck Ice Cream - delicious ice cream and a variety of amazing toppings with a comfortable yard space to relax and enjoy your sweets. Make sure you top off your ice cream with their homemade hot fudge and whipped cream!
- Pilot House Restaurant and Lounge - located at the Sandwich Marina on the beautiful Cape Cod Canal. Pilot House offers stunning water views from the patio under the sun and dinner under the stars while always serving fresh, native seafood, local favorites, and your beverage of choice.
Photo by @pilothousecapecod
- Fishermen's View - take in the 270 degrees of uninterrupted waterfront view while dining on locally-caught seafood, year-round! With over 30,000 vessels passing by the restaurant every year, experience the bustle and wonder of the Cape Cod Canal!
Photo by @fishermensview
- Beth's Bakery and Cafe - Bob and Tobin welcome you to Sandwich's Sandwichery. Stop by for whole and natural, award winning breakfast, lunch with a hot panini, baked goods served with homemade jams and jelly, and espresso.
Photo by @bethsbakeryandcafe
- Cafe Chew - Bob and Tobin welcome you to try their best coffee, lunch, and sandwiches. Grab a breakfast sandwich or lunch panini for the road or relax at a cozy corner table with a hot cup of coffee where you can feel at home. Don't forget their wonderful variety of baked delights, all made in-house, perfect for a pick me up at any time of the day!
Photo by @girlwhyyoualwayseatin
- Father's Kitchen and Taphouse - pick from 41 different Craft Beer Taps, unique individual pizza creations, traditional entrees, and nightly specials in a cozy, comfortable atmosphere.
Photo by @foodmaryeats
- JD's Burger Co & Sushi - come into JD's and enjoy a great burger or sushi! They have a large variety of craft beers, sake, and whisky. Not only will you get great food, but you can improve your golf game too! Pick from a variety of different courses and practice at their state-of-the-art Golf Simulator!
Photo by @forloveoftheburger
- Off the Grid BBQ - whether you're looking for a burger, barbeque, sandwich, salad, or a full rack of ribs, Off the Grid has what is right for you. It is more than just a meal when you are provided with a unique dining experience and provided with nothing, but the freshest quality ingredients. Come to OTG for great food, drinks, and memory-making moments with friends and family. PS make sure you get a Cape Cod Donut ice cream sandwich, while you're there!
Photo by @offthegridcc
- Seafood Sam's - since 1974, Seafood Sam's has been serving families just what they wanted with the freshest ingredients and beautiful locations. Bring the whole family to enjoy fresh, award-winning seafood!
Photo by @funtereats
- The Deli - as they say, "all roads lead to The Deli". Stop in for hot and cold sandwiches, wraps, sliced meats and cheeses, salad, soup, freshly baked goods, coffee, and more! Take your lunch to go and eat near the Canal.
Photo by @thedelicapecod