Heading to the Bourne area anytime soon? We've put together a list of some of our favorite things to do, places to visit, and where to eat! Are we missing any of your favorites? Comment below!
Things to do:
- Chart Room - converted from a New Jersey Central Railroad barge, Chart Room has been open since 1966 from June through Labor Day. Inside, you will find the original railroad planking and can sit and enjoy some of the best seafood accompanied by other in-house recipes using the freshest ingredients available. Outside you can sit on the water and enjoy dinner or drinks while overlooking Kingman Yacht Club. Make sure to try one of their famous mudslides and of course stop by their gift shop next store, Twigs on the Water!
Photo by @lovef00d
- Daily Brew - serving breakfast and lunch daily, "The Brew" is more than just a coffee house, it is a way of life. Stop by for freshly brewed coffee, a smoothie, pastries, sandwiches, or to explore retail items from local artisans!
Photo by @thedailybrewcoffeehouse
- Cape Cod Canal Bikeway - the perfect route for an easygoing, scenic bike ride. The wide, paved path runs approximately 7 miles along either side of the canal where you will experience unique views of ships, barges, and tugs chugging between Buzzards Bay and Cape Cod Bay.
Photo by @paulscharffphotography
- Brookside Club - a picturesque course open to the public for golf and dining with a luxurious private club feeling. The course offers varying tee lengths to accommodate players of all ages and skill levels. Stop by to experience championship golf, a critically-acclaimed chef, and gorgeous sunsets!
Photo by @brookside_golf
- Somerset Creamery - family-run serving fresh homemade ice cream cones, sundaes, and ice cream drinks since 1937. Somerset Creamery prides itself on rich ice cream made the old-fashioned way. Make sure to try one of their freshly made waffle cones!
Photo by @jenskiba
- Cataumet Light Mini Golf - hear the rushing water cascading from the waterfalls, rivers, and fountains while you test your skills through 18 holes of challenges. After mini-golf, race your boat in their bumper boat lake or step up to the plate at Fenway Park to hit a wiffle ball over the Green Monster in the batting cage!
Photo by @cataumetlightminigolf
- Whistle Stop Ice Cream Shop - homemade ice cream, cones, pies, cakes, and treats. Pick from over 30 premium ice cream flavors, including their Shark Ice Cream, which is made of vanilla ice cream, red raspberry swirl, and white chocolate "shark's teeth" chips!
Photo by @two_hungry_chicks
- Lobster Trap - founded in 1969 as a neighborhood fish market on the Back River, Lobster Trap has become a year-round restaurant and a landmark destination for all Cape Cod visitors. Aside from the restaurant, they offer a wide selection of fish and shellfish at the market. Come in and relax on their patio, bar, or dining room while enjoying one of the best culinary experiences on Cape Cod from Chef Dan!
Photo by @lobstertrap
- The Bog Tavern - located at Brookside Club, executive Chef Kirk Fitzgerald has created an eclectic menu with options for everyone. Being a scratch kitchen isn't easy, but it is the best way to ensure serving the finest meals using fresh local ingredients. Their handcrafted cocktail menu also gives you the opportunity to try something new and complex.
Photo by @indulge.digizine
- Tuk Tuk Thai Food - originally started as a food truck on the island of Hawaii, Tuk Tuk Thai Food has found another location in Monument Beach, where it truly feels like home. Stop by to taste Thai food that is cooked with the freshest ingredients including basil leaves, lemongrass, mint leaves, fresh fruits and vegetables, and more!
Photo by @nomsforthesoul
- Monument Beach Pizza - where pizza is passionately made through fresh dough and sauce every day. They also custom blend fresh cheeses to make the very best flavors come out in every bite! You can order a pizza or calzone off their menu or customize your own. Make sure to try their Greek pizza!
Photo by @fabfoodfiesta
- Corner Cafe - a Cape Cod favorite, where the staff is friendly and the food is unbelievable! Stop by for breakfast, brunch, lunch, coffee, or pastries in a cozy, relaxing atmosphere!
Photo by @two_hungry_chicks
- Courtyard Restaurant and Pub - located in a rustic historical building, Courtyard is owned and operated by former Boston Bruin and L.A. King Jay Miller and his wife Paula Perini-Miller. They take great pride in using the freshest ingredients to create homemade dishes. Past dinner time, the Courtyard is a great place to have a cocktail with friends inside or outside on their patio. You never know who you may spot there!
Photo by @courtyardcapecod