Best Raw Bars on the Cape and Islands
Looking for the best raw bars on the Cape and Islands? We put together a list of some of our favorites! Did we miss any? Leave a comment below!
- CRU Nantucket (Nantucket) - this iconic, casually elegant waterfront location in the heart of Nantucket Harbor offers the ideal backdrop for any time of day. Experience an expansive raw bar selection and exceptionally pristine seafood at CRU. Come in to enjoy perfectly-shucked oysters, and sip on a glass of rosé at sunset surrounded by good company.
Photo by @crunantucket
- The Oyster Company (Dennis Port) - since 2005, owner Greg has been dedicated to providing the freshest seafood, making The Oyster Company a favorite gathering place for locals and visitors. From their own working Oyster Beds of Crowes Pasture in Quivet Creek located in Cape Cod Bay, The Oyster Co. offers freshly harvested oysters daily! Customers flock to get their signature Quivet Neck Oysters for $1.50 a piece. The Oyster Company has served over 2 million oysters!
Photo by @karenskinderedspirit
- The Port (Harwich Port) - located on Main Street in Harwich Port, their place features upscale dining, 3 bars (one outside), a local raw bar with $1 oysters from 3 pm - 5 pm daily, live music, indoor and outdoor dining, and more!
Photo by @sassafrasskim
- Epic Oyster Restaurant (North Falmouth) - the revival of the 1922 North Falmouth Diner is now home to the Epic Oyster. Fresh oysters are shucked to order right at the bar. Bob Dylan visited the diner in 1974 on his Rolling Thunder tour and some like to think a piece of his spirit lives on at the bar. Wise words from owners Marc and Sarah, the world is your oyster...but first, you must shuck it! Stop by the Epic Oyster to taste delicious Portuguese-inspired food with an epic wine list to go with any meal.
Photo by @tale.of.two.citiess
- Water Street Kitchen (Woods Hole) - located in the heart of Woods Hole overlooking the draw bridge, Water Street Kitchen serves a menu designed around sourcing local ingredients and all meals made from scratch. They have always been about the beauty of ingredients, the love that goes into preparing a meal, and the community that comes out of sharing it. Using seasonal ingredients to inspire a fresh, global, yet home-cooked inspired meal, Water Street Kitchen is a must-try for mouthwatering, fresh, oysters!
Photo by @waterstreetkitchen
- 19 Raw Oyster Bar (Edgartown, MV) - in July of 2017, Chef Joe and Emily gave the island what it craved, a true Oyster Bar! Located just off of Main Street in downtown Edgartown, 19 Raw Oyster Bar will greet you with an authentic, fresh, and casual vibe. The patios are perfect for enjoying summer weather while enjoying a wide selection of New England oysters and hand-crafted cocktails. Swing by to say hi to Maya Mae, a 150 lb Neapolitan mastiff, and for shucking amazing oysters!
Photo by @heather_cauldwell_ramp
- Casa del Cabo (Eastham) - family-owned and operated by Chef Ryan and Anastasia, they offer a diverse menu filled with traditional New England and Latin-inspired cuisine, culture, traditions, and diversity. All of these elements are proudly celebrated in their food and drinks. Come by and relax on their patio with live music, and happy hour every day from 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm with fresh $1.50 oysters!
Photo by @casa_del_cabo
- Wellfleet Pearl (Wellfleet) - located in picturesque Wellfleet Harbor, Pearl offers delicious fresh local seafood, hand-crafted cocktails, and some of the greatest views that you will find anywhere. The upstairs patio offers some of the best panoramic views of Wellfleet Harbor, while Pearl's iconic raw bar is located on its enclosed patio and serves the freshest Wellfleet oysters and little necks!
Photo by @wellfleetpearl
- Black Cat Tavern (Hyannis) - the Shack Out Back (Black Cat Tavern's raw bar) offers a wide variety of classic Cape Cod cuisine. Step into the Shack to experience delicious, fresh little neck clams, select oysters, and more while enjoying live music with friends and family.
Photo by @nexydaywithkk
- Poppy Raw Bar (Mashpee) - any day is a perfect day for the Raw Bar! Their famous "Buck a Shuck" $1 oyster special is back and will continue for the rest of the summer every Monday and Tuesday night from 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm!
Photo by @poppyrawbar
- Falmouth Raw Bar (Falmouth) - overlooking Falmouth Harbor, the Raw Bar offers local favorites like oysters on a half-shell, refreshing cocktails, and live entertainment! Stop by every Thursday throughout the summer for $2 oysters from 5:00 pm - 8:00 pm to enjoy fresh, local seafood after a long day at the beach!
Photo by @falmouthrawbar
- The Barley Neck (Orleans) - less than a mile from Nauset Beach, their four dining rooms are housed in the 1868 Sea Captain's home, with the original attached barn being home to a more casual dining and entertainment spot. Every Monday - Thursday in June at the Bar and Lawn enjoy $1 oysters, little necks, and jumbo shrimp while listening to live music!
Photo by @thebarleyneck