Best Pancakes on the Cape and Islands
Looking for the best pancakes on the Cape and Islands? We put together a list of some of our favorite pancakes and where to get them! Did we miss any? Leave a comment below
- Ann & Fran's Kitchen (West Yarmouth) - serving friends and neighbors since 1975, A&F crafted their menu from scratch with unique and delicious breakfast and lunch items. Whether you are a meat lover, gluten-free, or vegan, A&F has something that is bound to bring you back for a second visit! You can't miss getting their fluffy blueberry ricotta pancakes with blueberry compote and whipped butter melted on top (pictured below)!
Photo by @foodfollower7
- The Rail (Orleans) - their main inspiration for "The Rail" comes from surfing. The rail is the edge of your surfboard that controls a lot of your movement from the wave. It's a personal decision on how you want to ride a wave and a personal decision on how you want to spend your time at The Rail! Stop in to relax, grab a mimosa, or on your way to Nauset Beach; but always make sure to get a delicious stack of blueberry pancakes (pictured below).
Photo by @therailorleans
- The Pancake Man (South Yarmouth) - founded in the summer of 1961 and has been around ever since! Over the years there were many different locations that have since come and gone on the Cape, and the sole surviving location is located in South Yarmouth. Don't miss their pumpkin spice and cinnamon swirl cakes (pictured below). The name says it all, you must experience this one-of-a-kind breakfast spot!
Photo by @whitbeh
- Keltic Kitchen (West Yarmouth) - the place to get a traditional Irish breakfast. Nothing screams Fall more than their delicious pumpkin praline pancakes in an atmosphere you do not want to miss!
Photo by @keltickitchen
- Moonakis Cafe (East Falmouth) - since 1989, Moonakis Cafe has been constantly recognized as one of the best spots on Cape Cod. Their warm and friendly atmosphere welcomes you year-round. Make sure you try their mouth-watering pancakes that are served with whipped butter and powdered sugar (pictured below)!
Photo by @tastewithtonks
- The Daily Paper (Hyannis) - serving only the freshest local ingredients and proudly pouring coffee from Beanstock Roasters, of Wellfleet. Stop in and pick from one of their tasty pancake options like buttermilk, fresh blueberry, banana and candied pecan, or chocolate chip!
Photo by @gramercygourmand
- Wee Packet Restaurant (Dennis Port) - open since 1949, they have been serving loyal customers for over 70 years! They strive to provide an authentic Cape Cod experience while serving the freshest food. You don't want to miss their giant house-made pancakes topped with melted butter and powdered sugar!
Photo by @bryantscoobysnacks
- Cape Cod Coffee (Mashpee & Mashpee Commons) - at Cape Cod Coffee Cafe in Mashpee Commons, enjoy a coffee from their coffee bar, a full sit-down or take-out menu for breakfast and lunch, plus cocktails! Stop in for breakfast and try their tiramisu pancakes, which are served with three buttermilk pancakes, espresso rum chocolate drizzle, vanilla mascarpone, and cocoa powder!
Photo by @capecodcoffee_mc
- Hangar B (Chatham) - open for breakfast and lunch at The Chatham Municipal Airport. They offer indoor and outdoor seating, a grab-and-go option in the summer, and their own organic fair trade coffee at their roasting bay in North Chatham. Make sure you try their lemon ricotta pancakes finished with powdered sugar and fresh berries to start your day off right (pictured below)!
Photo by @alieatsworld
- Waterside Market (Vineyard Haven, MV) - located on Main Street in Vineyard Haven, Waterside Market is a year-round market and cafe offering all-day breakfast! All meals are served with fresh ingredients, organic and local when possible, and made from scratch. Sip on a fresh cup of coffee and enjoy fluffy pancakes with gooey chocolate chips sprinkled on top while you people-watch on their amazing outdoor patio!
Photo by @waterside_market
- Spoon and Seed (Hyannis) - since opening their doors in June 2015, their restaurant has reached an iconic local status. Chef Matthew is a New York Times-3 star chef and creates dishes inspired by a mix of tradition and spontaneity. Keep it simple with their buttermilk pancakes to kick-start your morning!
Photo by @spoonandseed
- Liz's Cafe, Anybody's Bar (Provincetown) - open since June 2017, Liz's Cafe, Anybody's Bar reaches deep into the history of P-Town. A local market, Anybody's Market, dates back to at least 1942 and was run by Mr. Ernest L. Carreiro. This inspired the design for the Cafe which was designed by a local Provincetown resident, and is now an iconic destination! You cannot go wrong with ordering their fluffy on the inside, yet crunchy on the outside pancakes topped with Maine maple syrup. If you are feeling more adventurous, make sure you try a Flipper which is a Portuguese pastry! Flippers are served with Vermont maple syrup, sweet butter, and powdered sugar (pictured below).
Photo by @laurpopeats
- Lemon Press (Nantucket) - located on Nantucket's cobblestoned Main Street, Lemon Press is an organic eatery, café, and craft cocktail bar. They aim to provide a fresh and friendly space to gather over coffee and avocado toast, or shared plates and cocktails. Start your day off right with an energizing coffee drink and flipping fabulous pancakes infused with the essence of roses - a petal-perfect breakfast treat (pictured below)!
Photo by @lemonpressnantucket
- Pickle Jar Kitchen (Falmouth) - a family business operating in the historic Weeks Building on Main Street in downtown Falmouth. The Pickle Jar Kitchen makes every meal with wholesome, natural ingredients and serves its customers in a warm and friendly atmosphere. Make sure to try their giant homemade pancakes topped with fresh-cut strawberries and maple syrup!
Photo by @americantables
- The Black Dog Tavern (Vineyard Haven, MV) - stop in to experience beautiful views and a warm stack of pancakes made to perfection! Their Tavern and covered outdoor patio seating offers an unrivaled view of Vineyard Haven Harbor and a truly memorable island dining experience.
Photo by @official_borseger_11
- Betsy's Diner (Falmouth) - located in the heart of downtown Falmouth, Betsy's Diner takes you back to the 50s when you step in the front door. Sit in a booth and enjoy chocolate chip pancakes, and remember 'Eat Heavy'!
Photo by @gffoodie_boston