Best Land & Sea Excursions on the Cape and Islands
We always get asked where the best land and sea excursions on the Cape and Islands are, so we decided to put together a list of some of our favorites! Did we miss any? Leave a comment below!
- Hyannis Whale Watcher Cruises (Barnstable) - since 1980, Hyannis Whale Watch Cruises have been operating out of Barnstable Harbor from their 130-foot long vessel. The design of the boat protects all whales and marine life due to there being no external propellers. There are three viewing levels with two sun decks and bench seating throughout for passengers to enjoy their experience, as well as, a full snack bar with a variety of drink options. Come aboard the Whale Watcher for a whale watching experience of a lifetime!
Photo by @saltyjonesphotography
- Shearwater Excursions (Nantucket) - come aboard for an oyster tour, cocktail cruise, sunset cruise, private charters, clamming excursions, and more! There are two vessels that are in use, The Vessel Minke and The Vessel Wampum. Minke can hold up to 23 passengers and is used for Nantucket Harbor and sunset cruises, whaling history tours, and private parties. Wampum can hold up to 11 passengers and is used for clamming, fishing, and private charters. Enjoy time with friends and family while exploring the beauty of Nantucket.
Photo by @shearwaterexcursions
- Dolphin Fleet Whale Watch (Provincetown) - for 45 seasons, Whale Watch Dolphin Fleet has offered the highest quality whale and marine life tours. Pick from a whale watch or sunset whale watch cruise in June, July, or August. All trips include a 3-4 hour guided tour with a sundeck viewing platform, central air and heated cabin, and food and drinks.
Photo by @dolphinfleetwhalewatch
- Monomoy Island Excursions (Harwich Port) - watch the seals of Monomoy from the vessel Perseverance. Once aboard the vessel, you will glide through narrow channels and isolated lagoons where often times hundreds of Gray Seals swim and lay on the shore. Sometimes, you can even catch the shadow of a great white shark. Private charters are also available for a short harbor cruise or your own adventure!
Photo by @monomoy_island_excursions
- Catboat Charters (Edgartown) - explore Martha's Vineyard sailing aboard a restored 1927 wooden Cape Cod Catboat yacht. Private and custom charters are available for groups of up to six. Bring along personal snacks and refreshments and sail with Captain Kurt and friends through the scenic shores of Edgartown.
Photo by @rossculliton
- RideAway Adventures (East Sandwich) - seek the thrill of adventure and the relaxation of connecting with nature on Cape Cod. Kayaks, boards, and bikes are all at your service to use while enjoying the scenic shores of Mashpee, Sandwich Creek, and Sandwich Lawrence Pond with friends and family.
Photo by @rideawayadventures
- Art's Dune Tours (Provincetown) - celebrating their 76th year, experience the history, culture, and ecology of the Provincetown Dunes in the National Seashore Park. Rob Costa, son of Art Costa, has continued his father's legacy in taking thousands of people over the dunes of the Province Lands from mid-May to November.
Photo by @artsdunetours
- Lobster Roll Cruises (East Dennis) - whether it is brunch, lunch, sunset dinner, or just a sunset cruise, the S.S Lobster Roll is the perfect setting for your special event! Glide through Sesuit Harbor and into the beauty of Cape Cod Bay to see beautiful sunsets and the picturesque coastline. Enjoy your favorite frozen drink, cocktail, wine, beer, and fine fresh food all prepared aboard from either of the upper or lower decks.
Photo by @thelobsterrollcruises
- Sure Shot Charters (Yarmouth) - offering half and full-day fishing charters, come catch a variety of fish off the shores of Yarmouth.
Photo by @sureshot_charters