Best Donut Shops on the Cape and Islands
Looking for the best homemade donuts on the Cape and Islands? If you're a donut lover like us, you 'donut' want to miss any of these favorite shops. Did we miss any? Leave a comment below!
- Captain Baker Donut Shop (West Dennis) - inspired by visiting an old-fashioned donut shop that made plain, cinnamon, and powdered donuts, her childhood memories of these warm and delicious donuts inspired owner Lauren to launch Captain Baker Donut Shop! Their donut shop is focused on creating memories for you and your family to enjoy fresh and yummy donuts. The shop is designed so everyone can watch the delicious donuts being made and decorated!
Photo by @captainbakerdonuts
- Duke's Donut Worx (Mashpee Commons) - get hand-cut, craft donuts like you've never had at Duke's Donut Worx! Made onsite, every day, Duke's has a menu that varies every month with new goods announced on the first of each month. The current menu can be found on their Instagram, but be sure to stop by early as donuts are continuously being sold and refreshed daily! Pictured below is a salted caramel pretzel donut, one of their delicious fall flavors from last year!
Photo by @dukesdonutworx
- Hole In One Bakery & Coffee Shop (Orleans, Eastham) - donuts have accompanied morning coffee for centuries. Rumored to be invented in New England when a boy poked a fork through his mother's fried dough cakes, donuts have taken New England by storm and have been popular ever since. Hole In One Donut shop serves nearly 44 dozen donuts every morning in the off-season and more than 250 dozen in the summer. Using the best ingredients for their homemade donuts, they are made fresh every day and topped with chocolate, frostings, cream fillings, and glazes. There is nothing like a Hole In One Donut!
Photo by @theholeinone_eastham
- Cape Cod Donuts (Sandwich) - fresh cut, warm donuts made to order. If you're looking for light and airy donuts, this is the place! Online ordering with a pickup option is also available.
Photo by @dinewithdorit
- Backdoor Donuts (Oak Bluffs, MV) - in the summer of 1948, Back Door Donuts was established. From what started as a bakery that was known to toss a donut or two out the back door in the wee hours of the morning, to a secret known to only those "in the know," quickly became a must-do for Vineyard residents and visitors. The smell from the kitchen engulfs Circuit Ave and customers line up, at times by the hundreds. The bakery is open Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday - Sunday, with the back door open 7 pm - 12 am on weekdays and 7 pm - 1 am on weekends.
Photo by @backdoordonuts
- The Downyflake (Nantucket) - proudly satisfying the appetites of Nantucket's locals and visitors for 88 years, The Downyflake is a Nantucket tradition. They are famously known for the big donut sign outside and the delicious flaky donuts inside!
Photo by @lizeeats
- Woolfie's Bakery (Dennis Port + South Yarmouth) - freshly baked daily, Woolfie's serves mouthwatering, fluffy, and flavorful donuts. Make sure to try their chocolate and vanilla glazed brioche donuts (pictured below)! They also accept online orders.
Photo by @woolfiesbakery
- Michael's Donuts (Falmouth Farmers Market) - stop by the Falmouth Farmer's Market to try one of Michael's famously good Apple Cider Donuts. You can't walk by the delicious smell of these without having to try one (or a dozen)!
Photo by @donutsmichaels
- White Lion Baking (Mashpee) - owner Elizabeth spent her early culinary career as a pastry chef at two iconic Boston restaurants. Her love of baking and cooking combined with her discovery of the benefits of eating and nourishing foods led her to purchase White Lion Baking in 2012. White Lion Baking is a certified gluten-free bake shop. Make sure to try their gluten and dairy-free donuts triple dipped in chocolate and baked to the perfect crumble!
Photo by @whitelionbaking
- Village Coffee Shop (Dennis) - offering a variety of fresh hand-cut donuts made daily. Get there early, they will sell out! Keep in mind, that they are cash only.
Photo by @chickswithreviews