Best Lobster Rolls on the Cape and Islands
We always get asked where the best spots to grab a lobster roll on Cape Cod and the Islands are, so we decided to put together a list of some of our favorites! Did we miss any? Leave a comment below!
- Sesuit Harbor Cafe (Dennis) - overlooking the Northside Marina and Cape Cod Bay, Sesuit Harbor Cafe is a classic clam shack with beautiful outdoor seating options. Stop by to taste their world-famous lobster roll sandwich that is so good they named a boat after it (SS Lobster Roll)! Their signature lobster roll is started with a buttery New England-style hot dog bun, green leaf lettuce, sliced tomato, and their signature lobster salad, served with delicious french fries and coleslaw!
Photo by @milk_maplephotography
- Popponesset Raw Bar (New Seabury) - their world-famous colossal lobster rolls are calling your name! Come into the Popponesset Raw Bar Market for outdoor dining on their patio or under one of the heated tents.
Photo by @literally_always_hungry
- Lobster Trap (Bourne) - partake in a "true Cape Cod experience" by trying one of their mouthwatering lobster rolls made with fresh lobster, mayo, and lettuce on a brioche bun. You also have the option of taking fresh Maine lobster, lobster meat, Jombo lobster, and lobster meat and tails home!
Photo by @mikediskin
- Chatham Fish Pier (Chatham) - with Chatham seawater pumping directly through their tanks, The Chatham Pier Fish Market is as authentic as it gets! While you eat a lobster roll with freshly steamed lobster meat tossed in mayo with a side of slaw and fries, watch fishermen unload the day's catch.
Photo by @jhenion
- The Canteen (Provincetown) - enjoy a casual New England atmosphere eatery that uses high-quality ingredients to create Cape Cod favorites. Come taste their signature new recipe for a hot lobster roll warmed in butter, or their cold lobster roll tossed in house-made lemon mayo with minced celery. All lobster rolls are made with a quarter pound of freshly caught, hand-shucked local lobster, served with a toasted brioche roll, garnished with chives with a side of vinegary coleslaw, lemon, and a dill pickle spear. Stop by to enjoy outdoor beach seating with your delicious lobster roll!
Photo by @thecanteen
- Pink Door Catering (Mashpee) - Chef Roland has rebranded to Pink Door Catering & Market! Come visit Chef Roland's kitchen to taste an oversized lobster roll served on their freshly baked bread that makes their rolls so famous!
Photo by @pinkdoorcatering
- Skipper Chowder House (South Yarmouth) - enjoy views of Nantucket Sound while eating one of Skipper Chowder House's great lobster rolls! Their lobster rolls are served with homemade seasoned kettle chips or french fries and coleslaw. You can choose from three different signature rolls. The Traditional Lobster Roll is 4 ounces of fresh-made lobster salad, Skipper's Lobster Roll Supreme is a half pound of fresh-made lobster salad, and The Wicked Awesome is a half pound of fresh lobster served with hot butter (all served on a toasted brioche roll).
Photo by @foodieandthebeast88
- The Knack (Orleans) - with owners who grew up playing on Cape beaches, swimming in the sound and bay, and most importantly eating lobster rolls, The Knack has a knack for one of the best! Their mouthwatering lobster rolls are made with light lemon mayo, Boston bibb lettuce, and topped with chives. Stop by the perfect Cape Cod roadside stand to taste the difference in their fresh, local Cape classics!
Photo by @thebiteschick
- Mac's Shack (Wellfleet) - know where your fish comes from at Mac's Shack! Try a fresh lobster roll served two ways: hot tossed in butter - or - chilled with mayo and celery. All lobster rolls are served with a side of delicious french fries!
Photo by @bknyeats
- Captain Parker's Pub (West Yarmouth) - open year-round, make yourself comfortable indoors or on their outdoor patio where you can enjoy beautiful views of Parker's River. Pick how you would like to enjoy your lobster roll from a cold lobster salad made with meat mixed with mayonnaise, celery, and onions or a warm buttered lobster roll with lobster meat tossed in melted butter. All signature lobster rolls are served on a New England split-top brioche roll with coleslaw, and french fries!
Photo by @hoboken_love
- Brax Landing (Harwich Port) - a staple for decades offering casual waterfront dining on Saquatucket Harbor, year-round. Stop by for a delicious, fresh lobster roll with a side of fries and coleslaw, or on top of one of their signature salads!
Photo by @braxlanding
- Seafood Shanty (Edgartown) - come have a bite on the water and enjoy the view overlooking Chappaquiddick Island! Their mouthwatering warm buttered lobster roll is made with tender lobster meat in drawn butter on a lightly toasted torpedo roll. Their classic lobster roll with chilled lobster is tossed lightly with mayo and a bit of celery!
Photo by @crispinhaskinsmvy