Heading to Falmouth soon? We've put together a list of some of our favorite things to do, places to visit, and where to eat! Are we missing any of your favorites? Comment below!
Looking for a place to stay in the Falmouth area? Check out our friends over at, Seatucket Cottage in East Falmouth! Their newly renovated 3 bedroom, 1.5 bath sleeps up to six people and is located in close proximity to our favorite spots listed below!
Things to do:
- The Knob (Quissett Harbor) - walk along a short, scenic path to sit at the top of land where Quissett Harbor meets Buzzards Bay. The Knob is a destination for breathtaking sunsets and sunny summer days on the water.
Photo by @capecodgio
- Old Silver Beach - a classic summer beach divided into two sections, one for residents and one for visitors. Both sides offer parking, food, a bath house, and a beautiful spot to watch the sunset.
Photo by @lectin_free_eats
- Chapoquoit Beach - with sandy shores that overlook Buzzards Bay, Chapoquoit Beach offers a secluded escape from the Cape Cod crowds. On sunny days, you can see Cleveland Ledge Light, West Island, and the Elizabeth Islands.
Photo by @travelinggoalie
- The Gilded Oyster - located at 155 Main Street Falmouth, owners Denise and Brian Quinn bring together the elegance of fine jewelry and craftsmanship of artisans from Cape Cod, New England, Ireland, and Scotland. The store has even been honored for "Best Jeweler" multiple times. Don't forget to shop our Capeology jewelry line in person, while you're there!
Photo by @capeology
- Bad Martha’s Brewery - handcrafted beer brewed with grape leaves harvested on the vineyard and a splash of mermaid mischief. Bad Martha's is open year-round and offers pizza, live music, an outdoor patio, more!
Photo by @julialikesfoood
- Shining Sea Bikeway - Shining Sea Bikeway runs 10.7 miles from Buzzards Bay, through North and West Falmouth, and ending in Woods Hole. Enjoy a paved path winding along the scenic Vineyard Sound shoreline.
Photo by @capeology
- Cape Cod Winery - located less than three miles from the ocean, Cape Cod Winery is the home to over nine different varieties of wine, including their refreshing Rosé Mermaid Water. Stop by to relax on the patio with friends, family, and your pet. PS don't forget to stop by their gift shop to shop our Capeology mermaid rings in person!
Photo by @capecodwinery
- Nobska Lighthouse (Woods Hole) - built in 1876, Nobska Lighthouse stands 40 feet tall and is located at mile 1 of the Falmouth Road Race. Stop by to see the sunset and scenic views overlooking Martha's Vineyard!
Photo by @baekinflight
- Woods Hole - home of the Oceanographic Institution, Woods Hole is perfectly situated to enjoy a wonderful day by the sea. The village boasts waterfront restaurants, top-notch accommodations, and year-round activities. Make sure to catch the bridge going up and watch the boats pass through!
Photo by @hannahlginsberg
- Surf Drive - take the 7 mile drive from Woods Hole to Falmouth Heights and past scenic views of Martha's Vineyard, while enjoying the tiny waterfront homes along the way!
Photo by @capeclasp
- Island Queen - sailing with pride to Oak Bluffs, Martha's Vineyard for over 60 years! The Island Queen is a seasonal, passenger-only ferry service offering daily sailings from late May through mid-October. Enjoy a 35-minute ride with a cup of chowder or cocktail on the outdoor deck or in the enclosed lounge!
Photo by @fueggo91
- Steamship Authority (Woods Hole) - the way to go to Martha's Vineyard or Nantucket year-round! The Steamship Authority is the largest ferry service to the Islands with frequent daily departures. Call ahead and bring your car on the ferry over to Martha's Vineyard!
Photo by @nantucket_droneography
- Falmouth Road Race - established in 1973, the 7.2 mile road race from Woods Hole to Falmouth Heights draws an international field of Olympians, elite, and recreational runners out to enjoy the iconic seaside course. The race happens annually in mid-August. Come out to run or cheer on the runners!
Photo by @edaviisjr
- Coffee Obsession - since 1992, Coffee Obsession continues to invite people from all over to enjoy a tasty beverage in a place as warm and welcoming as your eccentric aunt's living room. It is a community place where teachers, musicians, scientists, and students gather to relax, convene, and caffeinate. Coffee O has two different locations, downtown Falmouth and scenic Woods Hole, where a variety of local artists' work are also featured, along with breakfast and lunch specialties.
Photo by @christinamilano
- Smitty's Ice Cream - serving over 45 flavors of homemade ice cream for more than 25 years. They also have locations in East Orleans, Mashpee, and Barnstable.
Photo by @eatingwithreegan
- Añejo Mexican Bistro - the first of two locations, sit indoors or outside on Main Street, Falmouth with some chips, guacamole, and a margarita in hand. Make sure to stop by every Sunday for brunch specials and cocktails!
Photo by @briansamuelsphotography
- Josh’s at Davisville - open Wednesday through Saturday, stop by for an elegant dinner including chowder, fresh seafood, and steaks at Josh's!
Photo by @seesparklylivesparkly
- Osteria La Civetta - a celebration of Italian food, wine, hospitality, all combined with fresh and local ingredients. Every dish prepared is rooted in or inspired by their mothers and grandmothers, as well as, by the fishermen and farmers of Italy. Come into La Civetta for an intimate, relaxing, and delicious dining experience!
Photo by @capeology
- C Salt Wine Bar & Grille - a small, elegant neighborhood restaurant focused on globally inspired cuisine with seasonal American produce using classic French techniques. C Salt offers an extensive curated wine list with a seasonal craft beverage menu.
Photo by @csaltwinebarandgrille
- Jacks Restaurant & Bar - where family and friends gather for great food and good times. Stop by for live music in a friendly atmosphere and enjoy delicious pizza and a great bar selection!
Photo by @jackscapecodma
- Pie in the Sky - located in historic Woods Hole at the end of the Shining Sea Bike Path, and just a one minute walk from the Martha's Vineyard ferry terminal, Pie in the Sky is open year-round. They offer a delicious assortment of handmade croissants, pies, cookies, popovers, and bread, all baked from scratch on the premises. The coffees, espresso, and cocoa drinks are made from freshly ground beans. Their hearty, made-to-order sandwiches together with homemade soups and salads make the perfect addition for any adventure! Taste the goodness that's been, "Baked in the Hole since 1982."
Photo by @sisterhood.of.traveling.food
- Blue Fins - fresh, locally-sourced seafood, coupled with inspiration from local Cape Cod farm ingredients. Bluefins aims to craft sushi and tempura dishes that both celebrate and showcase seafood in classically inspired Japanese methods and at the same time honor traditional New England seafood cuisine.
Photo by @bluefinsfalmouth
- Pickle Jar Kitchen - where any good meal should start with wholesome, natural ingredients and served in a warm and friendly atmosphere. The Pickle Jar Kitchen is open Thursday - Monday for breakfast and lunch. Make sure you try one of their homemade, "House Pickles!"
Photo by @americantables
- Flying Bridge Restaurant - for more than 20 years, Flying Bridge has been serving fresh seafood with distinctive local flavors in a unique waterfront setting that offers magnificent views of Falmouth Harbor and Martha's Vineyard. Stop by for a memorable Cape Cod dining experience, and make sure you try their mouthwatering hand-cut onion rings!
Photo by @lovef00d
- Cape Cod Bagel - get your day started with a homemade Cape Cod bagel. They offer breakfast all day, as well as, lunch sandwiches, freshly baked goods, soups, and more. Take a baker's dozen home and have a delicious breakfast for the week!
Photo by @karaeats
- Estia on Main - offering classic Greek recipes with a modern twist. Their coal-fired pizza is baked at 1000 degrees, much higher than traditional wood-fired pizza ovens. This allows the flavors to be locked in while producing perfectly charred textures on their pizzas and other authentic creations. Enjoy live music on Saturday nights in Falmouth or their second location in Mashpee Commons!
Photo by @lianas.last.slice
- Le Bon Jour - serving freshly prepared, made-to-order salads, soups, burritos, and international bowls. Their menu gives a tour of the world's best food destinations including: Mexico, Italy, France, Thailand, and Egypt. All bowls are fully vegan, with the option to add meat or fish. One of our favorite items on the menu is the farro & apple salad!
Photo by @lebonjourfalmouth
Where to Stay:
Seatucket Cottage is the perfect quaint oasis for a Cape Cod getaway! Located in East Falmouth near the beaches, downtown restaurants and shopping, and plenty of things to do. Some nearby activities include: the Shining Sea Bikepath, Cape Cod Winery, the Island Queen, Nobska Light, the Knob, and more. Completely renovated this past Spring, everything is brand new!
Amenities include: BBQ grill, outdoor firepit, custom cornhole boards, AC units, linens and towels provided, in-unit washer/dryer, two-car garage, complimentary coffee, shampoo, body wash, etc! Available year-round for stays. Book your getaway at Seatucket Cottage here!