Looking to visit some of the most scenic boardwalks on Cape Cod? We've put together a list of some of our favorites! Which one is your favorite? Comment below! Also, make sure to check out the sponsor, Get Outside Cape Cod for fun outdoor ideas and more to explore on Cape.
- Sandwich Boardwalk (Sandwich) - also known as the "Plank Walk," the boardwalk is composed of hundreds of inscribed planks. It was originally constructed in 1875 and then reconstructed in 1991 after Hurricane Bob destroyed it. The inscriptions on the planks are the names of the community members who make a donation towards the reconstruction. There are longer planks and ladders to jump into Mill Creek, as well as stunning, panoramic sunset views. Note: temporarily closed due to reconstruction.
Photo by @mondvi60
- Gray's Beach (Yarmouth Port) - walk the boardwalk that spans over scenic marshes to get to the beach! Soak up the sun for the day, reserve a group picnic table, or catch a stunning sunset with friends and family.
Photo by @bettywileyphoto
- Uncle Tim's Bridge (Wellfleet) - originally named "The New Bridge" in 1783, Uncle Tim's Bridge is a charming walk along Duck Creek with a boarded bridge leading to Hamblen Island. Uncle Tim's Bridge is the perfect place to relax with a picnic, spot wildlife, and enjoy the outdoors along Wellfleet Harbor.
Photo by @angelatieu
- Colonial Acres Beach Boardwalk (West Yarmouth) - the perfect place to escape for a private beach day! Walk down to the beach on the boardwalk and experience calm waters and boats traveling all day long.
Photo by @historybythesea
- Nauset Marsh Trail (Eastham) - enjoy a 1.3 mile loop along the edge of Salt Pond and Nauset Marsh. There are many breathtaking views along the way, including fields, recovering forests, and ocean views. Extend your walk an extra mile to reach Coast Guard Beach for a beach day, or to catch the sunset!
Photo by @_smacdonald
- Red Maple Swamp Trail (Eastham) - meander through the heart of Red Maple Swamp and be surrounded by nature! Experience beautiful wildlife and boardwalk sections throughout the trail.
Photo by @goblincowgirl
- Atlantic White Cedar Swamp (South Wellfleet) - start off a mile loop through a stunted oak and pine forest and experience the picturesque Atlantic White Cedar Swamp. The trail finishes off via the historic "Wireless Road", which is known for where the first two-way public radio connection was made across the Atlantic Ocean between Europe and America.
Photo by @rachel.wandering
Get Outside Cape Cod offers the best family-friendly Cape Cod hiking trails, wildlife sanctuaries, beaches & outdoor places to explore. They are Cape Codders who enjoy getting outside, walking nature trails, discovering local wildlife, and sharing their adventures with others. Their hiking book, "50 Cape Cod Hiking Tails" is available online and at all of your favorite local shops. Check out their website for more info!