Best Burger on the Cape and Islands
We always get asked where the best spots to grab a burger on Cape Cod and the Islands are, so we decided to put together a list of some of our favorites! Did we miss any? Leave a comment below!
- Kkatie's Burger Bar (Hyannis) - pronounced "Kuh-Katie's", they have proudly been voted one of the best burgers on Cape Cod. All burgers are 100% Angus beef, made daily in their kitchen. From a bacon cheeseburger to a smash burger, to a veggie or impossible burger, you can not go wrong at Kkatie's. With 18 different burgers to pick from, there is a burger for everyone!
Photo by @kkatiesburger
- Trading Post Lounge (Bourne) - from the people who brought you the Lobster Trap, Trading Post Lounge is located right up the street! Try their delicious double cheeseburger, or their special smash burger made with two patties, topped with cheese, house pickles, lettuce, tomatoes, and dirty Gert's sauce.
Photo by @tradingpostlounge
- Off the Grid (Sandwich) - Off the Grid originated as a small food truck in St. Thomas in the US Virgin Islands. Sadly, tragedy struck in 2017 when Hurricane Irma struck the USVI, so a new adventure began on Cape Cod. Their signature Mac Daddy burger is a 5 oz juicy burger patty with American cheese, bacon, grilled mac & cheese, truffle aioli and scallions on a brioche bun served with fries. You simply can't go wrong at Off the Grid!
Photo by @offthegridcc
- Red Nun Bar & Grill (Chatham & Dennis Port) - the Red Nun Bar & Grill serves award-winning burgers and is a great casual place to stop in with friends and family or before a Chatham Anglers game. With over 15 burgers to pick from including 8oz patties, veggie, and turkey burgers, the options are limitless! Each burger is served on an English muffin served with french fries. Stop by for burger night every Wednesday for burgers starting at $7.
Photo by @red_nun
- The Knack (Orleans & Hyannis) - owned by two Cape Cod locals, Van and Michael, they have perfected the food that defines summers on Cape Cod. Their food hits the spot after a day at the beach. They even partner with local businesses to provide the freshest, most delicious food, including a local butcher to serve their delicious burger blend that is ground in-house daily. Choose from one of six mouthwatering burgers, such as the butcher's burger, classic cheeseburger, ring burger (with hand-made onion rings), avocado burger, pickle & spice burger, or their veggie burger!
Photo by @capecodphoto
- JD's Burger Co & Sushi (Sandwich) - since 2014, JD's Burger Co has been serving delectable burgers and sushi. Their certified Angus beef burgers are always fresh, never frozen. Try one of their 10 specialty burgers, like the Mac Daddy. This double Angus beef is topped with American cheese, bacon, lettuce, tomato, pickles, red onion, beer-battered onion rings, and a mozzarella stick drizzled with sweet chili sauce. You're going to need two hands for this burger!
Photo by @jds_burgerandsushi
- Cape Cod Coffee (Mashpee) - stop by Cape Cod Coffee off Route 130 for burgers and brews every Tuesday! For $20, enjoy a caprese burger which includes a double patty burger topped with prosciutto, mozzarella, tomato, and balsamic glaze, and pair it with any draft beer. Any other night of the week enjoy a beer cheeseburger made with house-made beer cheese, lettuce, tomato, and onion on a grilled brioche roll.
Photo by @capecodcoffee
- Ann & Fran's Kitchen (West Yarmouth) - since 1975, Ann & Fran's Kitchen has been serving friends and neighbors an eclectic menu of scratch-made, unique breakfast and lunch items. They offer a flavorful alternative sweet potato black bean quinoa burger topped with arugula, avocado, and vine tomatoes on a brioche roll. For breakfast, come in and taste their Good Morning Burger topped with bacon, sunny egg, local cheddar, lettuce, tomato, onion, and their homemade A&F Sauce.
Photo by @doart.photography
- Tugboats at Hyannis Marina (Hyannis) - overlooking all of Hyannis Harbor, stop by Tugboats to experience their newly-renovated decks, dining areas, and bars! The Tugboat Burger is topped with aged cheddar, applewood smoked bacon, caramelized onions, lettuce, and tomato.
Photo by @tugboats_hyannis
- Fat Ronnies (Oak Bluffs, Martha's Vineyard) - from the young age of 6, owner Ronnie worked at his grandmother's restaurant and butcher shop perfecting the craft of burger making. Continued to use his grandmother's signature recipe mixed with a modern-day 'create your own' concept. In 2013 Fat Ronnie's Burger Bar was opened in Oak Bluffs and has become a local favorite and tourist destination. Choose from 5 signature Black Angus beef burgers, a turkey burger, or 5 different house-made veggie burgers to pair with 32 different toppings, to customize your own Fat Ronnie's burger.
Photo by @fatronnies
- The Brotherhood of Thieves (Nantucket) - the name of this legendary local hangout is a nod to the title of an 1844 pamphlet written on Nantucket. Brotherhood of Thieves serves 4 different mouthwatering burgers. The Brotherhood, Reverend Foster, Cisco, or BBQ burger are cooked to perfection and served with curly fries or mixed greens, on a seeded brioche.
Photo by @brotherhoodnantucket