Heading to Wellfleet soon? We've put together a list of some of our favorite things to do, places to visit and where to eat! Are we missing any of your favorites? Comment below!
Things to do:
- The Beachcomber Cahoon Hollow Beach - built in 1897, the Wellfleet Beachcomber was one of the nine Life Saving Service stations built on the Outer Cape. In 1961 the National Seashore was created. By virtue of a "Grandfather" clause, the Beachcomber was/is allowed to remain within the National Seashore as a privately held commercial property. Travel to Cahoon Hollow Beach to enjoy one of the most dramatic and beautiful beaches with sand dunes of 80-120 feet high and breathtaking views.
Photo by @kristinasauerbrey
- Wellfleet Drive-In Theatre - enjoy a movie under the stars at the Drive-In-Theatre built in 1957! The year-round cinema complex features four screens with surround sound, 3D capabilities, and the freshest popcorn. Don't forget to visit their Snack Bar, Flea Market, Cinemas, and Mini-Golf & Dairy Bar.
Photo by @therealdavidacox
- Uncle Tim's Bridge - a scenic walk along a beautiful marsh with a boarded bridge. A nice place to go relax, spot wildlife, and enjoy the outdoors.
Photo by @southcoastandthecape
- Wellfleet Charters - a great way to get out on the water with friends and family. Enjoy a day of fishing, learning the history of the area, and sightseeing. You might even spot a shark in action!
Photo by @wellfeet.charters
- Wellfleet Marine - family owned and operated since 1954, Wellfleet Marine Corporation encompasses two full-service boatyards, a retail gift store, a fish market, boat rentals, and fishing tackle. Rent a sail boat and travel to Wellfleet Harbor, Great Island, Billingsgate Island and the remains of the Target Ship!
Photo by @explorenewenglandfilms
- Cape Side Surf School - with a unique local knowledge of the best sandbars, breaks, and beaches for surfing on Cape Cod, instructors Andrew and Ryan will ensure that you get the best experience on the water! Most lessons take place at Marconi Beach.
Photo by @j_mac_images
- Great Island Trail - located along the shoreline in Wellfleet, you can walk either the scenic tavern route, 3.9 miles roundtrip, or to Jeremy Point overlook, 8.8 miles round trip. Both trails follow sandy stretches with salt marsh embayments. Pack a lunch and enjoy the spectacular views!
Photo by @sarahjohnston1833
- F/V Isabel and Lilee - a family-run fishing business out of Wellfleet, offering freshly caught sea scallops right off the boat! Find them at the Bass River Farmers Market, Orleans Farmers Market, and pop ups at Cape Cod Beer!
Photo by @fvisabelandlilee
- White Cedar Swamp - a beautiful 1.2 mile loop. Starting through a stunted oak and pine forest, the trail leads to a boardwalk that winds through the picturesque Atlantic White Cedar Swamp and ends via the historic "Wireless Road" (a sand road).
Photo by @primboy
- The Frying Pan Gallery - stop by and see artist/owner Steve Swain's steel sailfish, stripers, tuna, bait-fish, and horseshoe crabs. In the Frying Pan you will also find local Cape Cod artists' paintings, etchings, jewelry, furniture, and photographs.
Photo by @thefryingpangallery
- Mass Audubon Wellfleet Bay Wildlife Sanctuary - travel along the self-guided smooth packed nature trail while listening to an Audio Tour on your device. Mass Audubon serves to protect the nature of Massachusetts by simulating individual and constitutional action through conservation, education, and advocacy.
Photo by @coreynimmer
- Mac's Shack - serving ice cold Wellfleet oysters, tender lobster dripping with butter, mouthwatering sushi, and the freshest seafood served on the Cape made exactly how you like it. It is the perfect place to relax with friends and take in the water views.
Photo by @macs_shack
- The Block & Tackle - a smokehouse and tavern serving BBQ done the right way. Make sure to try their mouthwatering smoked chicken and fermented cheese nachos!
Photo by @fuckthatsamazing
- The Beachcomber Restaurant - a must-visit to enjoy freshly shucked Wellfleet oysters, lobster, and steamers on their outdoor patio overlooking the Atlantic. They have been voted, "One of the Best Seaside Dining Spots in New England". Bring the whole family down for lunch or dinner, it does not get any more authentic than the Wellfleet Beachcomber!
Photo by @tomriley
- The Flying Fish - just around the corner from the heart of Wellfleet, the Flying Fish is a local favorite spot to enjoy a leisurely cup of coffee and a freshly baked pastry. They have served delicious breakfast, lunch, and dinner for over ten years.
Photo by @capecodfoodiez
- Bookstore & Restaurant - waterfront dining serving the freshest seafood from local fisherman, a raw bar, and craft cocktails for 55 years. Sit back and enjoy the view as your meal is prepared to order!
Photo by @wesaygravy
- PJ's Family Restaurant - since its opening in 1971, PJ's has always been dedicated to using local, quality products, and providing a good value for families. Stop by to celebrate their 50th season and to taste their fresh, local seafood!
Photo by @hitchedinthekitchen
- The Blue Willow Fine Foods and Bakery - a unique bakery, cafe, and gathering place that specializes in espresso and scrumptious home cooked food.
Photo by @fuckthatsamazing
- C Shore Kitchen + Bar - a restaurant and bar serving creative New England meals in a contemporary, multilevel space with a patio. Their food is local and fresh, farm & dock to table. Open year-round!
Photo by @cshorewellfleet
- Winslow's Tavern- casual, elegant dining in downtown Wellfleet. They feature New England classics and innovative coastal specialties.
Photo by @stylecarrot
- The Fox and Crow Cafe - situated just off of Wellfleet's town center and across from Uncle Tim's Bridge. Enjoy healthy, organic food made from scratch, in house.
Photo by @tarynbrenna
- Wellfleet Pearl - located in picturesque Wellfleet Harbor, Pearl offers delicious fresh local seafood and an ample selection of local beer, wine, and handcrafted cocktails.
Photo by @kellieanne10
- PB Boulangerie Bistro - a taste of France on Cape Cod. They are an award-winning Zagat-Rated French Bakery, Pastry Shop, and Bistro. They use traditional European techniques to create specialty hand-crafted products with the best natural ingredients.
Photo by @pbboulangeriebistro
- Moby Dick's Restaurant - since 1983 Moby Dick's has been the seafood restaurant for friends and families to dine on the freshest seafood Cape Cod has to offer. Make sure to bring your own beer and wine!
Photo by @onelastbite
I loved Wellfleet when I lived on the Cape. It’s a neat little town with all the art galleries and delicious restaurants.
Can’t wait to explore Wellfleet
Don’t forget all the beautiful galleries, gift shops and clothing boutiques Wellfleet has to offer.
My husband and I really enjoy visiting Wellfleet. Love Moby Dick’s and The Bookstore.