Heading to Osterville soon? We've put together a list of some of our favorite things to do, places to visit, and where to eat! Are we missing any of your favorites? Comment below!
Things to do:
- Salty Cow - with more than 20 different flavors, toppings, and dips, Salty Cow is sure to quickly become your favorite! Stop in to say hello, and enjoy their super creamy, smooth, and delicious soft-serve ice cream too!
Photo by @saltycowma
- AMIE Bakery - a small, specialty bakery where everything is made from scratch in small batches. Local ingredients are used by artisans who, like AMIE, are passionate about what they do. They serve traditional pastries, classic breakfast, lunch items, homemade sodas, and ice cream floats. AMIE offers food people love, in a place no one wants to leave!
Photo by @briansamuelsphotography
- Dowses Beach - Dowses is a peninsula beach where you can have your choice of sitting on the bay or the ocean. Sit on the soft sand beach, lined with beautiful dunes, and hunt for seashells.
Photo by @alohabyamanda
- Hometown Juice & Co. - Cape Cod natives, Heather Wilson and Megan Babiarz created a place to fuel up, see friendly faces, and grab local goods! In addition to juice, smoothies, bowls, and snacks, Hometown Juice offers an array of locally handcrafted items for any last-minute gift shopping. Head on over to taste a handcrafted juice or grab a coffee and start your day off right!
Photo by @by.emmy
- Osterville Farmers' Market - every Friday 9 AM - 1 PM, from mid-June to mid-September, the grounds of Osterville Museum is the place to find organic fruits and vegetables, jams and jellies, bread, cheese, fudge, and more! Spend the afternoon with friends at The Osterville Farmers' Market, where there is something for everyone.
Photo by @ostervillefarmersmarket
- Gone Chocolate - for 30 years, Gone Chocolate has been a place where the passion for sharing out-of-this-world chocolate, ice cream, and their famous acai exists. Stop by for homemade churros, acai, ice cream, and more!
Photo by @gonechocolate
- Crisp Flatbread - located on Main Street in Osterville, Crisp offers wood-fired pizza and delicious homemade pasta prepared with seasonal, local ingredients. All pasta, sauces, and flatbreads are made from scratch with love. Come by to relax on the patio, cook a s'more in the fire pit, and challenge friends to a game of table tennis!
Photo by @briansamuelsphotography
- The Pineapple Caper Cafe and Catering - what started off as a successful food truck in 2007 has turned into a full-time, delicious kitchen. Chefs/owners Bill and Tammy have been serving culinary masterpieces for over 25 years. They are famously known for their Gourmet Grilled Cheese, having a record for total number of sandwiches sold in a 2-hour period of 452! Stop by for breakfast, lunch, appetizers, or a specialty cocktail!
Photo by @thepineapplecaper
- Five Bays Bistro - located in the heart of Osterville, one of the most picturesque villages on Cape Cod, Five Bays Bistro offers modern, yet classic American cuisine, with a more casual small plates menu at the bar. Don't miss their Fig & Prosciutto Crostini, made with crisp prosciutto, fig spread, burrata cheese, chive, and topped with balsamic glaze (pictured below)!
Photo by @fivebaysbistro
- Chart Room at Crosby's - come enjoy a waterfront view with a classic Cape Cod meal of fresh seafood and other local favorites.
Photo by @chartroomcrosbys
- Osterville Fish Market - opened its doors in November of 1998 with the singular goal of becoming the very best local fresh seafood market and takeout restaurant on Cape Cod. They are proudly committed to offering only the freshest fish and shellfish available. Aside from local seafood, they offer takeout featuring chowders and sides, shore dinners, and lots more seafood specialties to go.
Photo by @meggeats
- Fancy's Market - a 176-year-old landmark, at Fancy's Market you will find an exceptional butcher department, delicious produce, a fabulous selection of wines, beer, and liquor, fine cheeses, and fresh-baked goods. Stop by to explore a wide variety of local products and help continue Fancy's tradition!
Photo by @chickswithreviews