Heading to Orleans soon? We've put together a list of some of our favorite things to do, places to visit and where to eat! Are we missing any of your favorites? Comment below!
Things to do:
- Art Cottages at Orleans Market Square - located in the Orleans Village Center, the Artist Cottages are a fun and interesting destination for residents and visitors. They celebrate the creativity and talent of established and emerging Cape Cod artists by providing a unique, affordable location for each artist to create and sell their work.
Photo by @artistcottagesorleans
- Ice Cream Cafe - stop by the Cafe to celebrate Ice Cream Cafe's 28th season or visit the ICC Truck at Nauset Beach! With over 40 different types of homemade ice cream flavors, flavor combinations are limited only by your imagination!
Photo by @eats_boston
- Hog Island Beer Co. - built by locals, brewed by locals, drunk by locals, Hog Island Beer Co. is the outermost brewery on Cape Cod. Stop by at lunch or dinner to taste one of their seven featured summer beers and listen to live music!
Photo by @hogislandbeer
- Nauset Beach - Nauset Beach has 10 miles of shoreline and is complete with amazing scenery including stunning nightly sunsets, Nauset Lighthouse, and nearby trails.
Photo by @sophduphotos
- Cape Escape Adventure Golf - bring the whole family to escape the sights and sounds of Cape Cod. Putt through 18 holes of nautical themed mini golf with a live Koi fish pond, authentic fishing boats, and beautiful waterfalls throughout.
Photo by @philipcaporaso
- Nauset Surf School - you will get wet, you will fall, you will laugh, and by the end of the day you will surf a wave on Cape Cod!
Photo by @johncooksonphotography
- Rock Harbor - a desired destination all year long, Rock Harbor is split into two parts. The slightly more popular Western side is where fishing and charter boats reside. You can also watch the sun fade into the Cape Cod Bay. The Eastern side is more private with a sandy pathway leading to an equally stunning sunset view. The iconic "trees" are actually channel markers for water traffic.
Photo by @benskaar
- Cottage Street Bakery - Cottage Street Bakery offers pastries, breakfast and lunch sandwiches, soups, breads, cakes, desserts, and prepared dinners. Make sure you taste a Dirt Bomb, a house specialty nutmeg muffin dipped in butter and rolled in cinnamon sugar!
Photo by @cottagestbakery
- Skaket Beach - a walking and dipping beach perfect for a gentle and calm beach day. Go at low tide to experience exposed flats that allow you to walk out over a mile!
Photo by @simplymekb
- Viv's Kitchen and Juice Bar - open year round for breakfast and lunch, Viv's is a go-to place for locals and visitors. There is something for everyone from their fresh juice and smoothie bar, soups and sandwiches, Brazilian dishes, and their mouthwatering pork Cubanos!
Photo by @ekheartsfood
- The Knack - with owners who grew up on the Cape, they have a knack for providing food that will hit the spot after a long day at the beach. The Knack has partnered with local fishermen, butchers, and Cape farms to create the perfect Cape Cod roadside stand and serve the food that defines summers on the Cape.
Photo by @capecodbites
- The Rail - located on Main Street, this brand new hot spot is the perfect place to grab breakfast, lunch, or a cocktail! Their main inspiration for "The Rail" comes from surfing. The rail is the edge of your surfboard and controls a lot of your movement from the wave.
Photo by @therailorleans
- Rock Harbor Grill - owner Chuck and head chef Stuart are all about great food prepared with fresh, quality ingredients and have a passion for flavor and style! Stop by Rock Harbor Grille to dine in, or order one of their brick-oven pies for dinner on the beach!
Photo by @rockharborgrill
- Hot Chocolate Sparrow - a simple candy shop in 1989 has turned into a cafe complete with coffee from around the world, desserts of every indulgence, and their own hand-dipped chocolates. Hot Chocolate Sparrow offers specialty coffee drinks from early to late night, while their chocolate is sent all over the country!
Photo by @savedbythespoon
- Corner Store - what may look like a typical quaint Cape Cod corner store from the outside, is actually a great place to eat once you step inside! Corner Store strives to be fresh, fast, and fun. Make sure to try one of the best whoopie pies on the planet at the Corner Store!
Photo by @freshfastfun
- Whisk Cape Cod - owned and operated by three generations of ladies, their name "Whisk" sums up the spunky, fun vibe you'll experience while dining with them! Whisk offers a large selection of specials for both breakfast and lunch, as well as fresh coffee, espresso, beer, and wine. Looking for something savory or sweet after you dine? Make sure you check out their bakery cases (yes...that's plural!)!
Photo by @justspooninaround
- Land Ho! - a home away from home. Land Ho! is a genuine Cape Cod hangout with a warm, inviting, and intimate atmosphere. Stop by Thursday-Monday for lunch, dinner, or late night seafood classics, salads, sandwiches, and beer!
Photo by @land_ho_orleans
- Sunbird - fresh, local, safe. Sunbird uses seasonally fresh ingredients for peak flavor, nourishments, and sustainability. They collaborate with local growers, catchers, and foragers and are committed to creating homemade takeout, drinks, and specialty products that help keep the community shining.
Photo by @sunbirdcapecod
- Hole in One Bakery - come eat at "the place where locals go". Shop their take-out or dine-in coffee and teas, doughnuts and pastries, or sit down for breakfast and lunch. Pick your favorite flavor from eighteen different styles of donuts!
Photo by @foursistersfoods
- La Bella Vita Kitchen & Bar - serving Italian, American, fresh local seafood, pizza and more. Dine inside or outside on their deck and under the tent!
Photo by @la_bella_vita_orleans
Honorable mention Nauset Farms!
So glad you included the Dirt Bomb!
Please do a tour of Eastham.