Heading to Nantucket soon? We've put together a list of some of our favorite things to do, places to visit, and where to eat! Are we missing any of your favorites? Comment below!
Things to do:
- Brant Point Lighthouse - America's second oldest lighthouse, established in 1746.
Photo by @zofiaphoto
- Cisco Brewers - Nantucket's first and only craft brewery. They pride themselves on celebrating a deep-rooted New England-island heritage through their portfolio of coastal-inspired beers.
Photo by @thecottagesnantucket
- Steps Beach - located off of Cliff Road and named after their "many steps" to get down to the gorgeous beach.
Photo by @newenglandsalt
- Whaling Museum - Operated by the Nantucket Historical Association (founded in 1894). Featuring exhibitions in 9 premium galleries, telling the Island's facinating stories over 4 centuries. You can reserve a socially distanced time entrant on their website!
Photo by @jessicajenkinsphotography
- Jack & Charlie's Ice Cream - named after the owner's sons, Jack & Charlie. Your all-day one-stop place for coffee, breakfast, smoothies, and ice cream. Opening up for the season in late Spring 2021!
Photo by @wickednomz
- Great Point Lighthouse - first built in 1784, the original wooden tower was destroyed by a fire in 1816. In 1984 it was destroyed again in a storm, but was rebuilt to replicate the old one and still remains in operation today!
Photo by @ackandbeyond
- Madaket Beach - one of the island's most beautiful beaches and a popular spot for watching sunsets!
Photo by @hinckleylane
- Sconset Bluff Walk - also known as the "Cliff Walk" and is the most scenic path on Nantucket. If you're looking for a place to capture great photos, this is one of our favorites!
Photo by @leapyearimages
- Sankaty Head Lighthouse - located on the easternmost point of the island in the village of Siasconset. It was built in 1850 and is still in operation today!
Photo by @lanecarolinephotography
- Shearwater Excursions - a family run ecotour company offering cocktail cruises, sunset cruises, as well as, in harbor and offshore nature cruises.
Photo by @lydiamenziescelebrates
- The Juice Bar - homemade ice cream served by a crew of super scoopers on the island!
Photo by @carolynferris5
- The Chicken Box - a place where people from all walks of life gather for fun and entertainment. They offer live music, pool, ping pong, and darts!
Photo by @packynorton
- Nantucket Surf Club - a small, locally-owned, family business. They rent paddleboards, surfboards, and boogie boards. They even offer free delivery downtown!
Photo by @nantucketsurfclub
- Straight Wharf - offering an experience that speaks of a time and a place, reinterpreting summer classics as food you'd enjoy after a day at the beach with a great sense of warmth & hospitality. Reopening for the 2021 season in May!
Photo by @southshorefood
- Island Kitchen - a full-service restaurant, ice cream parlor, and not to mention, a cocktail lounge!
Photo by @iknantucket
- CRU Nantucket - Nantucket's premier oyster bar. Reopening for the 2021 season on May 20th!
Photo by @eatnantucket
- Nautilus - a New England restaurant with a coastal seafood base, but the inspiration is well-rooted in Asian flavors and ingredients. Currently open for the 2021 season!
Photo by @georgiemorleyphotography
- Millie's Market - from New England style lobster rolls to California Baja-style fish tacos, the menu brings the vibes of a Nantucket dockside straight to your tableside!
Photo by @milliesmarketack
- LoLa 41 - a unique and vibrant restaurant, specializing in cuisines from the 41st parallel. LoLa stands for longitude and latitude and the number 41 represents the specific parallel that LoLa resides on.
Photo by @julesaron
- Oath Pizza - 100% feel-good pizza. Light avocado oil crust and thoughtfully sourced ingredients!
Photo by @lovef00d
- Galley Beach - sitting directly in the sand overlooking Nantucket Sound. Originally started as a clam shack, Galley Beach has evolved into one of the northeast's premier restaurant and event locations. Reopening for the 2021 season in May!
Photo by @elizaalles
- Bar Yoshi - located on the waterfront at the historic Old South Wharf, the restaurant offers classic Japanese cuisine including sushi, noodles, dumplings, coupled with raw bar offerings, poke and ceviche. They also have creative cocktails, sake, wine and beer available!
Photo by @baryoshinantucket
- The Downyflake - proudly satisfying the appetites of Nantucket locals and visitors for 86 years! They are a family-friendly restaurant serving breakfast, lunch, and daily specials in a classic diner atmosphere.
Photo by @fine.dinezzz
- Lemon Press - an organic eatery, cafe, and craft cocktail bar located on Nantucket's cobblestoned Main Street. They offer a fresh and friendly space to gather and focus on fresh, organic, healthy and wholesome food. Make sure you try one of their ever-popular breakfast sandwiches loaded with fresh veggies and eggs, crisp greens, and seriously flavorful seasonings!
Photo by @lemonpressnantucket