Heading to Eastham soon? We've put together a list of some of our favorite things to do, places to visit, and where to eat! Are we missing any of your favorites? Comment below!
Things to do:
- Nauset Light - the most well-known and photographed lighthouse on Cape Cod (also known to be the Cape Cod Potato Chips Lighthouse). Nauset Light Preservation Society is a nonprofit volunteer organization whose original mission was to rescue the lighthouse. Now, they aim to operate and maintain Nauset Lighthouse. Stop by for a free tour to learn about the history of the lights and to visit the lookout room.
Photo by @blakegotgram
- Chocolate Cafe - located on historic Route 6, you will find the fun and brightly colored 50's Diner Theme Chocolate Cafe. They serve freshly made breakfast and lunch sandwiches, homemade chocolate truffles, pastries, gourmet coffee, or cold drinks. Stop by to enjoy a salty or sweet treat!
Photo by @classiqueproductions52
- Eastham Windmill - believed to be the oldest and last working gristmill on Cape Cod, Eastham Windmill is an important asset to the town. Each year, a major Windmill celebration takes place the weekend after Labor Day, called "Windmill Weekend." This is a three-day celebration featuring music, food, craft booths, a cookout, a pancake breakfast, road race, parade, and more!
Photo by @lindseygamble_
- Hole in One Bakery - specializing in fresh, hand-cut donuts, cupcakes, biscotti, and many other mouth watering-pastries, as well as gourmet coffees. Hole in One serves up nearly 44 dozen donuts every morning in the off-season and more than 250 dozen of the holy pastries in the summer. Make sure you get your taste before they're gone!
Photo by @eggssquared
- Nauset Ice Cream - award winning and locally owned and operated since 1998. Fresh homemade ice cream made daily right on Cape Cod!
Photo by @travelinggoatphotography
- Coast Guard Beach - a prime swimming beach during the summer season. It is named for the old white Coast Guard building that still stands on the dune above the beach.
Photo by @mattyfischerphoto
- Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream - Vermont's finest ice cream served in fresh waffle cones, shakes, and smoothies right in Eastham. Pick from an endless amount of ice cream flavors, sundaes, shakes, and even get a sweet treat for your pup!
Photo by @haileyeatss_
- Beanstock Coffee Roasters - since 1996, Beanstock coffee has been offering great coffee and developing close relationships with their customers. They believe "Coffee is Personal," and strive to have you enjoy their special coffees as much as they enjoy bringing them to you.
Photo by @beanstockcoffee
- The 1869 Schoolhouse Museum - housed in a one-room schoolhouse built in 1869, it is the original and remains one of the three schoolhouses consolidated on that site in 1906. Inside you can find displays of objects from the various facets of the town's history including farming, shipwrecks, and Native American artifacts. The schoolroom is furnished to replicate how it looked in the earlier days. Stop by to see what it felt like to be a student in 1869!
Photo by @cpitts
- Poit's Mini Golf - the Outer Cape's best and largest-nautical themed adventure miniature golf course. Piot's has been in business since 1954, featuring three lighthouses and a river winding through the course. After 18 holes, grab a pizza, and a cold drink from their extensive snack bar!
Photo by @mungothomson
- First Encounter Beach - known to be the place where the Pilgrims and Native Americans had their first encounter. It is the perfect place to walk out to at sunset and have water up to your calves in the refreshing water.
Photo by @above.newengland
- Three Sisters Lighthouses - the lights from the lighthouse gained the nickname, "The Three Sisters" because from the sea they looked like women dressed in white dresses with black hats. Today, you can visit the Sisters and marvel at the remarkable journey that brought their location on Cable Road.
Photo by @lastisle_travelsRestaurants:
- Joeys Joint & Food Trucks - serving delicious "fast food" meals using the freshest ingredients. Joeys Joint presents you with a delicious and vegan-friendly taco shop. Pick from tacos, burritos, bowls, quesadillas, and more from the place where you can live every day like it's Taco Tuesday.
Photo by @joeystacoshop
- Friendly Fisherman Restaurant and Fish Market - serving large portions for hearty appetites and all food cooked to order. Their fish market also provides one-stop shopping for all your mealtime needs. Bring your own beer and the kids to play on the on-site playground!
Photo by @bitect
- Brine Dining - stop by to taste American fare with a French influence and seafood focus. Brine serves an abundant breakfast and brunch menu, as well as, cocktails, appetizers, and dinner.
Photo by @brinedining
- Laura & Tony's Kitchen - established in 2004, Laura & Tony's focus has always been to serve amazing food made from scratch. They believe that fresh is always the best. Stop by to check out their Gourmet Market Cafe, which includes, their amazing breakfast, baked goods, homemade dips, and more!
Photo by @laurahopperfish
- Sam's Deli - Sam's carries a variety of fresh, made-to-order sandwiches, as well as, grab-and-go sandwiches, salads, and snacks! Stop by for breakfast and coffee from Beanstock Coffee, wine and beer tastings, or Sam's groceries for kitchen staples, fresh produce, and gourmet essentials.
Photo by @bitect
- Arnold's Lobster & Clam Bar - for over 40 years, Arnold's has served only the freshest fried seafood, lobster rolls, raw bar, and premium gourmet ice cream on Cape Cod. You can find crispy fried onion rings, creamy chowder, their famous foot-long hot dog, and 18 challenging holes of miniature golf!
Photo by @arnoldsrestaurant
- The Fairway Restaurant & Pizzeria - five styles of pancakes, seven choices of eggs Benedict, locally sourced lobster, burgers, and pastries all under the same roof. The restaurant is family-run with sisters, parents, and husbands all working together to provide customers with the best food made with high quality ingredients. Make sure to visit one of their sister locations right next door, the Hole in One Donut Shop where all of the pastries are made fresh!
Photo by @fairway_restaurant_capecod
- Good Eats on 6 - pizza, burgers, gyros, pita wraps, specialty desserts, and more! Make sure to stop by on your scenic drive along route 6 to try their New York Pizza.
Photo by @vegan_kween
- Mac's Market & Kitchen - where you'll find super-fresh fish and shellfish, house-smoked seafood, lobster, and chowder. Sit and eat inside at the counter, dine outside on the shaded porch or picnic tables, or takeout and enjoy at home!
Photo by @anotherfrenchfoodie