Heading to Chatham soon? We've put together a list of some of our favorite things to do, places to visit and where to eat! Are we missing any of your favorites? Comment below!
Things to do:
- Chatham Lighthouse - the original structure was built in 1808 and stands at 48 feet tall. It's one of the few lighthouses in America that still operates 24 hours a day.
Photo by @yogiitha25
- Atlantic White Shark Center - since 2013, The Atlantic White Shark Conservancy has worked in collaboration with shark science experts to improve, influence, and educate the community. Their hopes are to inspire a greater understanding of white sharks and conservation of the species. Make sure you download the Sharktivity app to view shark sightings or submit your own!
Photo by @photopilot90
- Chatham Candy Manor - a staple in the community since its establishment in 1955. Using only the finest ingredients, they have been perfecting the traditions of old-school chocolate making on Main Street, Chatham.
Photo by @chathamcandymanor
- Chatham Art in the Park - an annual summer display of new artwork created by local artists using large cutout shapes for their "canvas", which are mounted for outdoor display in the park for 6-8 weeks. They are then auctioned off using an online auction.
Photo by @summersitters
- Chatham Bars Inn - a luxurious 25-acre year-round oceanfront resort with 30+ cottage-style buildings, spa, private beach, boating, pools, tennis, dining, and a farm.
Photo by @simplymekb
- Short 'n' Sweet - located in the Old Schoolhouse in South Chatham, they offer a large variety of ice cream flavors, sundaes, and frappes.
Photo by @shortnsweet_official
- Ridgevale Beach Snack Bar - family owned and operated for 60+ years. They offer water activities, tours, lessons, and an amazing beachfront snack bar. The snack bar is the ideal spot for a casual beachside lunch overlooking Nantucket Sound.
Photo by @ridgevalebeachsnackbar
- Chatham Sail - available for rentals, tours, and lessons. They have experts who can show you the ropes. Available for all ages and experience levels!
Photo by @chathamsail
- Monomoy Coffee - located in the heart of Chatham, they have been in business for over 20 years. Freshly brewed coffee and espresso drinks, fresh daily bagels and muffins, home-made flavored cream cheeses, grab and go sandwiches, and more!
Photo by @monomoycoffee
- Chatham Orpheum Theater - a non-profit community movie theater with a full-service restaurant. Opened in 1916 as Chatham's first and only movie house. It's a year-round destination where generations of Cape Cod families and summer visitors can enjoy.
Photo by @davidmbander
- Monomoy National Wildlife Refuge - established in 1944 to provide habitat for migratory birds. It offers amazing views and South Monomoy Island contains the largest gray seal haul-out site on the U.S. Atlantic Coast.
Photo by @capeclasp
- Chatham Squire - established in 1968, the family restaurant offers a multi-cultural menu and indoor & outdoor seating. The Squire is the place that everyone looks for when they visit Chatham. Make sure you stop by the "Dog Bar", while you're there too.
Photo by @life_of_laylathegolden
- Hangar B Eatery - open for breakfast and lunch at The Chatham Municipal Airport. They offer indoor and outdoor seating, a grab and go option in the summer, and their own organic fair trade coffee at their roasting bay in North Chatham.
Photo by @s.fishfoodie
- Chatham Perk - handcrafted sandwiches, pastries, espresso, juice, and smoothie bar. They offer indoor & outdoor seating, as well as, breakfast and lunch. Make sure you try their famous Eclair too!
Photo by @chathamperk
- Chatham Pier and Fish Market - one of the best views in town! Enjoy your lobster at the easternmost point in Massachusetts. Pull up with your car or boat and pack your coolers with ice for the perfect beach day. You can also order online or eat at the market while watching the fisherman unload the day's catch.
Photo by @emilygiove
- Bistro on Main - located in the heart of Chatham's Main Street since 1991, they offer fresh food and wine, while using locally sourced ingredients to create their meals. They also have the Cape's only full service raw bar, specialty cocktails, and craft beer lounge.
Photo by @bistroonmainchatham
- Kream 'N Kone - they have been serving award winning fried seafood and soft serve ice cream for over three decades!
Photo by @_foodiecoma_
- Impudent Oyster - open for lunch and dinner, they have been serving local seafood for over 40 years!
Photo by @saltsugarspice
- Bluefins Sushi & Sake Bar - an upscale atmosphere with a fantastic martini bar vibe. They feature a variety of sushi options, including raw sushi and fully cooked. If you're not a sushi lover, they also offer a delicious hot kitchen menu too!
Photo by @jackmastro