Best Fried Clams on the Cape and Islands
- Jim's Clam Shack (Falmouth) - a true hidden gem, Jim's Clam Shack is located on Clinton Ave at the edge of Falmouth Harbor. During the summer, they are open every day until 7:45 PM, or until it gets dark. Once the busy summer ends, Jim's is open on the weekends until it is time to close for next season. They are known to have fresh, fast, and some of the best seafood on Cape Cod. Try Jim's fried clam bellies, which come tossed in a light batter, cooked to crispy perfection, and tender on the inside.
Photo by @2d_fud
- Captain Frosty's Fish & Chips (Dennis) - for over 45 years, Captain Frosty's has been serving award-winning fried seafood! Their 50's style clam shack is a roadside tradition for locals and visitors. The fried clam plate is served with native, whole-belly fried clams and comes with french fries, coleslaw, and two clam cakes. Order to-go, grab a booth inside, or relax outdoors on their shaded patios with delicious food and good company!
Photo by @pfmoy39
- Skipper Chowder House (South Yarmouth) - established in 1936, Skipper Chowder House is one of Cape Cod's oldest waterfront restaurants with pristine views of Nantucket Sound. Their chefs work hard to present the finest and freshest fish you can find. Find a true sense of Olde Cape Cod at Skipper while eating their signature fried clams!
Photo by @phulmai
- The Seafood Shanty (Edgartown, Martha's Vineyard) - stop in for a bite on the water and enjoy the view overlooking Chappaquiddick Island! Their mouthwatering whole-belly clam entree is served with sweet medium belly clams fried the traditional way, with a side of fries and coleslaw.
Photo by @madisongouveia
- Lookout Tavern (Oak Bluffs, Martha's Vineyard) - visit Lookout Tavern for open waterfront dining and taste your choice of perfectly battered and fried whole-belly clams or clam strip plates! Both dishes are served with fries, broccoli, slaw, and tartar sauce. They also offer other dining options including more seafood dishes, a raw bar, and creative cocktails.
Photo by @onehungrylamb
- Sesuit Harbor Cafe (Dennis) - overlooking the Northside Marina and Cape Cod Bay, Sesuit Harbor Cafe is a classic Cape Cod clam shack with beautiful outdoor seating options. Stop by to taste their mouthwatering whole-belly clams served with fries, coleslaw, and tartar! Keep in mind it's cash only and BYOB.
Photo by @bknyeats
- Kream 'N Kone (West Dennis) - in 1953 Kream 'N Kone was a small stand serving ice cream, hot dogs, and hamburgers. Soon after fried seafood was added to the menu and has been known as the place to go for great fried seafood. Their philosophy is: buy and serve fresh and top-quality seafood. Don't miss out on their flavorful, crispy fried clams!
Photo by @cy_eats
- Spanky's Clam Shack and Seaside Saloon (Hyannis) - located directly on the water on Hyannis Harbor, stop by Spanky's to feast on their "wicked good" fried whole-belly clam and fried clam strips made from locally caught and harvested clams!
Photo by @elizabethblau
- Moby Dick's Restaurant (Wellfleet) - since 1983, Moby Dick's has been serving fresh and delicious seafood to friends and family! They take the New England Clam Shack to the next level. Moby Dick's is a BYOB establishment. They invite you to grab your favorite beer or wine and head right over to enjoy some of the freshest seafood on Cape Cod. The clam strip platter is served with local hard-shelled clams, french fries, and coleslaw. Their whole-belly clam platter is a must-try and the perfect taste of Cape Cod!
Photo by @thejchillfoodie
- Baxter's Boathouse (Hyannis) - "Meet me at Baxter's Wharf" has been spoken time and time again since 1957. Located right over the waters of Hyannis Harbor, Baxter's serves the freshest seafood in a casual, family-friendly atmosphere. Watch boats sail in and out of the harbor while you enjoy a classic whole-belly clam plate!
Photo by @fishfood_bos
- Arnold's Lobster & Clam Bar (Eastham) - open for both lunch and dinner, their menu offers endless options of fried clams! Try a fried basket, served with french fries, homemade coleslaw, and house-made tartar sauce. The seafood platter includes whole-belly clams, calamari, scallops, and codfish. If you are looking just for fried clams, the fried native whole-belly clam basket is for you! They also offer sides of fried native clam strips and an appetizer size of fried native whole-belly clams. Make sure to finish your meal delectable meal off with gourmet hard soft-serve ice cream served with real whipped cream!
Photo by @bloodymarychick
- Cooke's Seafood (Orleans) - they are a third-generation family restaurant, first opening its doors in 1976! They serve generous portions of only the best renowned fried, broiled, and grilled seafood all lightly tossed in a family batter recipe. Pick from fried whole clams or clam strips served on a roll or platter! All platters are served with coleslaw and your choice of fries, rice pilaf, baked potato, or corn on the cob!
Photo by @wickedfoodiemaven