Best Family-Friendly Spots Guide
We always get asked where the best family-friendly spots are on the Cape and Islands are, so we decided to put together a list of some of our favorites! Did we miss any? Leave a comment below!
- Pirates Cove (West Yarmouth) - "meet the challenge" on two different pirate-themed 18-hole championship courses with waterfalls and caves all through the course. Boston Magazine says, "Pirate's Cove is the next best thing to Disney this year!"
Photo by @catherinewanders
- Wellfleet Drive-In Theatre (Wellfleet) - enjoy a movie under the stars at the Drive-In-Theatre built in 1957! The year-round cinema complex features four screens with surround sound, 3D capabilities, and the freshest popcorn. Don't forget to visit their Snack Bar, Flea Market, Cinemas, and Mini-Golf & Dairy Bar.
Photo by @therealdavidacox
- Falmouth Cinema Pub (Falmouth) - sit back and relax with the family at the Falmouth Cinema Pub. Enjoy a cold beer or a glass of wine with a fresh bag of buttered popcorn while watching the newest movies!
Photo by @still_riding_foods
- Whydah Pirate Museum (West Yarmouth) - is home to thousands of items from the Whydah and displays the largest collection of pirate artifacts recovered from a single shipwreck anywhere in the world.
Photo by @whydahpiratemuseum
- Carousel of Light (Falmouth) - Lance Shinkle, a local Cape Cod sign carver and artist, took a story he would tell his daughter to real life in The Carousel of Light. Lance's shining masterpiece, is a handcrafted meticulously painted carousel with each piece lovingly carved from a block of wood. The 20 horse carousel has been to California and back, where it now stays in Falmouth. All proceeds go to the restoration of this beautiful vintage carousel.
Photo by @victoriasuzanne
- Cape Cod Inflatable Park (West Yarmouth) - if you're feeling adventurous and eager to try something new, Cape Cod Inflatable Park is the largest wet and dry inflatable park in the world! From age-appropriate toddler slides that wow, to obstacle courses that rival favorite television game shows, visitors who explore their park will play hard and experience fun in a whole new way.
Photo by @capecodinflatablepark
- Trampoline Center (West Harwich) - in their 61st season of helping make memories that last a lifetime, The Trampoline Center is an outdoor, seasonal, recreation facility that will be fun for the whole family!
Photo by @originaltrampolinecenter
- Cape Cod Museum of Natural History (Brewster) - Cape Cod Museum of Natural History aims to inspire appreciation, understanding, and stewardship of Cape Cod. Stop by with the family for workshops, films, traditions, and interactive exhibits that help reveal the beauty of the Cape.
Photo by @capecodmuseumofnaturalhistory
- Flying Horses Carousel (Martha's Vineyard) - the nation's oldest platform carousel. Since 1884, they have welcomed visitors in the town of Oak Bluffs, Martha's Vineyard. The carousel has carved wooden horses with manes and tails of real horses and inset glass eyes. Once you are riding the carousel, you can try to grab the brass ring for an exclusive free ride!
Photo by @kdkins9
- Shining Sea Bikeway (Falmouth) - runs 10.7 miles from Buzzards Bay, through North and West Falmouth, and ends in Woods Hole. Enjoy a paved path winding along the scenic Vineyard Sound shoreline!
Photo by @capeology
- Skull Island Adventure Golf & Sports World (South Yarmouth) - Cape Cod's premiere sports complex is filled with fun and excitement for the whole family. Go mini-golfing through a haunted treasure cove, drive along an exhilarating Go-Kart track, and practice your golf swing at the driving range!
Photo by @rallywgn
- Dolphin Fleet Whale Watch (Provincetown) - with the hope of every passenger leaving the vessel not only with wonderful memories, but Dolphin Fleet Whale Watch also hopes to educate their passengers on the need to protect the whales, marine life, and habitats that are so important. Come along with the family for a guaranteed whale sighting!
Photo by @dolphinfleetwhalewatch
- Cape Cod Children's Museum (Mashpee) - serving more than 50,000 visitors annually, Cape Cod Children's Museum encourages hands-on experiences that spark curiosity, creativity, and offers more than 20 interactive play-and-learn exhibits designed for 6-month to 8-year-olds.
Photo by @capecodchildrensmuseum
- Bud's Go-Karts (Harwich) - a great place to have classic family fun with the whole family! Bud's has been a Harwich staple, with families coming back for years.
Photo by Bud's Go-Karts
- Ridgevale Beach (Chatham) - family-owned and operated for 60+ years. They offer water activities, tours, lessons, and an amazing beachfront snack bar. The snack bar is the ideal spot for a casual beachside lunch overlooking Nantucket Sound.
Photo by @ridgevalebeachsnackbar